Radio and television scripts, 1964-1973
All unbound typescript draft copies unless stated. Comprises:
- 'The World of Books', C. Day-Lewis review of Erotic Poetry edited by William Cole, radio script, BBC Home Service, 22 Aug 1964.
- 'Sir Maurice Bowra' radio script ['as broadcast'], BBC Radio Three, 7 Apr 1972.
- 'Interview with C Day-Lewis' by Hallam Tennyson, Telediphone Transcript (Programme Services Group), recorded 24 Apr 1972 [in envelope sent via Mrs Amis, Lemmons and later endorsed by Jill Balcon 'Transcript of CDL's last Radio Interview before he died and tribute to Maurice Bowra']. Carbon copy typescript, with amendments by Jill Balcon. Broadcast on BBC Radio 3 as "On a tilting deck" 16 Jun 1972 [edited].
- '"On a tilting deck", C. Day-Lewis talks to Hallam Tennyson about his life and work', radio script, broadcast BBC Radio 3, 16 Jun 1972. With typescript flyer, signed by 'H'.
- 'The Exiles: A Play in Three Acts', radio script, fair typecript copy, soft binding, n.d. With letter of rejection by Hallam Tennyson to Jill Balcon regarding script, 16 Nov 1973.
- 'A Lasting Joy', television script, Jul 1972. Typescript copies of programmes 1 to 3, photocopied typescripts of programmes 4 to 6. Broadcast BBC 1, Jul-Aug 1972 [programme 6, on 'Death and Immortality' broadcast 'without opening and closing titles, as OBITUARY TRIBUTE' on BBC 2, 24 May 1972]. With manuscript and typescript copies of foreward by Jill Balcon for A Lasting Joy, published 1973.
1 box (5 folders)