Correspondence file (post 1972), 1972-1984
Original file [removed from box file, original file dividers retained in box], arranged alphabetically by content. Contains material relating to:
- Proposed Westminster Abbey memorial for C. Day-Lewis, 1973-1984.
- Copy letter from Sir Michael Balcon to the National Film Archive regarding 'A Lasting Joy' broadcasts, 26 Oct 1972.
- Sean Day-Lewis' biography of C. Day-Lewis: correspondence, newspaper cuttings [removed for preservation purposes], copy newspaper reviews, 1972-1979*.
- The Byron Society, letter enclosing annual report, 1972-1973.
- Greater London Arts Association, C. Day-Lewis Fellowships, 1972-1973.
- Greenwich Society (planting trees in memoriam of C. Day-Lewis), 1972-1973.
- The Harvard Advocate (letter regarding use of extracts from The Buried Day), 1974.
- Thomas Hardy Festival Society Ltd, correspondence, 1973-1978.
- Laureate Book ( The Poets Laureate by Kenneth Hopkins, 3rd edition, revised, published 1973), correspondence, 1972-1973, with draft typescript synopsis and biography for A Lasting Joy .
- Memorial trees near Lancaster Gate, Kensington Gardens, correspondence, 1973.
- Mermaid Theatre, letter regarding recital, 1973.
- National Portrait Gallery, Exhibition of '30s writers, correspondence, 1975 and letter regarding portrait of C. Day-Lewis, 1972.
- National Poetry Centre Fund, correspondence, 1972.
- Royal Society of Literature, letter, 1972.
- The Royal Literary Fund, 1972-1973.
- Tombstones [engraved by Michael Harvey] for C. Day-Lewis and Antony Brett-James, correspondence and design drawings, 1972-1984.
Note: material relating to BUPA not retained.
1 box (5 folders)
Conditions Governing Access
* audio cassette from folder now MS. 6681/58.