Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Accounts, notes, plans, etc.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Surrey e. 3
Extents: 139 Leaves
Dates: Written in A.D. 1827-1833, chiefly by J. B. Nichols
Collection of monumental inscriptions and notes on Staffordshire churches, by Mark Noble, late 18th-early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Staffs. c. 3
Extents: 384 Leaves
Dates: late 18th-early 19th century
Collections for a history of the Berkeley family of Cotheridge, Worcs., 1851-1852, compiled by J. B. Nichols.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Worcs. d. 7
Extents: 460 Leaves
Correspondence of Richard Gough, John Nichols, and J.B. Nichols concerning the second edition of The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset
Letters to Richard Gough, John Nichols and J.B. Nichols, with many draft replies, 1770-1817, concerning the second edtition of John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset (4 vols., London, 1796-1815), arranged alphabetically, A-C, P-Y. The volume containing correspondents D-O is MS. Top. gen. d. 3.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Detailed list of his pictures, prints, drawings and family portraits, compiled by John Bowyer Nichols
Detailed list of his pictures, prints, drawings and family portraits, compiled by John Bowyer Nichols, c.1831-1846.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6579, fol. 54
Extents: 1 leaf
Letter from Isabella Nichols to her brother J. B. Nichols concerning the removal of the latter's books to Parliament Street, Westminster
Letter from Isabella Nichols to her brother J. B. Nichols, 26 June 1827 concerning the removal of the latter's books to Parliament Street, Westminster.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 7284, fols. 58-59
Extents: 2.0 Leaves
Dates: 26 June 1827
Letters to Joseph Cradock (arranged alphabetically, G-M, N-S), 1760-1826; letters to Mrs. Cradock, 1811-15; and the correspondence of John Bowyer Nichols, mainly as Cradock's executor, 1826-8.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Papers and collections of the Nichols family, printers and publishers, 1785-1854, including family correspondence, accounts, journals and antiquarian collections.
Extents: 1.35 Linear metres
- Indexed names: Nichols | John Bowyer | 1779-1863 | printer and antiquary X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 4
- Accounts 1
- Antiquarians 1
- Art 1
- Authors -- 18th century 1
- Authors -- 19th century 1
- Book industries and trade 1
- Church buildings 1
- Dorset (England) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Great Britain 1
- Literature 1
- London (England) 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Staffordshire (England) 1
- Worcestershire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Berkeley | family | 1100-2000 | Earls of Berkeley | Berkeley Castle 1
- Cradock | Joseph | 1742-1826 | author 1
- Gough | Richard | 1735-1809 | antiquary 1
- Hutchins | John | 1698-1773 | historian of Dorset 1
- Nichols family 1
- Nichols | Isabella | b 1785 | daughter of John Nichols (1745-1826) 1
- Nichols | John Gough | 1806-1873 | printer and antiquary 1
- Nichols | John | 1745-1826 | printer, author and antiquary 2
- Noble | Mark | 1754-1827 | Biographer, genealogist, and antiquary 1