Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Congratulatory verses to king James i, written in or soon after 1603, in at least three hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. A. 276
Extents: 45 Leaves
Dates: written in or soon after 1603, in at least three hands
Early 17th-cent. transcripts of pieces relating to France, 1592-1923
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. f. 8
Extents: 180 Leaves
Guard-book of letters and documents, 16th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. b. 172
Extents: 135 Leaves
Dates: 16th-20th century
Historical collections, late 17th century, mainly relating to contributions and loans to James I.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 300
Extents: 188 pages
Dates: late 17th century
Letter from George Carew, possibly to James I, early 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 3216, fols. 39-40
Extents: 2 Leaves
Dates: early 17th cent.
Letter from James I of England to Gilbert Talbot, 7th Earl of Shrewsbury, Holyrood, 31 March 1603.
Shelfmark: MS. Autogr. c. 21
Extents: 2 Leaves
Dates: 31 March 1603
- Indexed names: James VI and I | 1566-1625 | King of Scotland, England and Ireland X
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 2
- 18th century 2
- 19th century 2
- 20th century 2
- France 1
- History 1
- Letters 2
- Nobility -- Great Britain 1
- Poems 1
- Politics and Government 2
- Royal family 4
- Indexed names
- Asquith | Herbert Henry | 1852-1928 | 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith | statesman 1
- Carew | George | 1555-1629 | Earl of Totnes | soldier and administrator 1
- Cecil | William | 1520-1598 | 1st Baron Burghley | Statesman 1
- Edward VII | 1841-1910 | King of Great Britain and Ireland 1
- Elizabeth I | 1533-1603 | Queen of England and Ireland 2
- Mary II | 1662-1694 | Queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland, co-reigning with her husband, King William III and II, from 1689 until her death in 1694 1
- Sidney | Sir | Philip | 1554-1586 | Knight | Soldier, statesman, and poet 1
- Talbot | Gilbert | 1552-1616 | 7th Earl of Shrewsbury, 7th Earl of Waterford, 13th Baron Talbot, 16th Baron Strange of Blackmere, 12th Baron Furnivall 1
- English 5
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Latin 1