Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Drawings of Berkshire churches and their contents, many by J.C. Buckler, collected by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, early 19th century, and continued by Sir Thomas Phillips, who bought them from Hunt in 1820. The drawings are arranged alphabetically by parish, A-G, H-R, S-W.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: early 19th cent.
Notes on Berkshire churches and drawings of brasses by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, c.1788-1813.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Berks. b. 42
Extents: 81 Leaves
Topographical collections for Oxfordshire and Berkshire, compiled by Henry Hinton and James Hunt. The collection consists of: Notes on Oxfordshire churches Notes on the history of Oxfordshire Drawings and engravings of Oxfordshire churches Drawings of coats of arms in Oxfordshire and Berkshire churches Drawings of monuments and brasses in…
Extents: 19 shelfmarks
Topographical collections for Oxfordshire and Berkshire, compiled by Henry Hinton and James Hunt.
Extents: 21 shelfmarks
Dates: Early 19th cent.
Typescript list of monumental brasses described or illustrated in the topographical collections of Henry Hinton and James Hunt
Typescript list of monumental brasses described or illustrated in the topographical collections of Henry Hinton and James Hunt, compiled by J. F. A. Bertram, 1975.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 60
Extents: 19 Leaves
Volume of drawings and engravings of churches, monuments and brasses in Berkshire and Oxford city, early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. b. 64
Extents: 505 Leaves
Dates: early 19th century
- Indexed names: Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 2
- 20th century 1
- Antiquarians 3
- Architectural drawing 2
- Berkshire (England) 5
- Church buildings 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Berkshire 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Drawings 1
- Engraving 1
- Great Britain -- Topography 3
- Oxford (England) 1
- Oxford -- England -- History 1
- Oxfordshire (England) 2
- Indexed names
- Bertram | J. F. A. | fl. 1975 1
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 3
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 4
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary 2
- Phillipps | Sir | Thomas | 1792-1872 | Baronet | Antiquary, and Collector of MSS and Books 2
- University of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford | Botanic Garden 1