Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
A collection of 625 Indian ink and 19 watercolour drawings of churches and buildings in Oxfordshire by J.C. Buckler, 1797-1830.
Extents: 6 shelfmarks
Drawings of Berkshire churches and their contents, many by J.C. Buckler, collected by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, early 19th century, and continued by Sir Thomas Phillips, who bought them from Hunt in 1820. The drawings are arranged alphabetically by parish, A-G, H-R, S-W.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: early 19th cent.
Collection of Indian ink drawings of buildings in Oxford by J.C. Buckler.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Drawings, with some engravings and lithographs, mainly of buildings and objects in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire
Drawings, with some engravings and lithographs, mainly of buildings and objects in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire, 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. c. 532
Extents: 82 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Notes on Berkshire churches and drawings of brasses by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, c.1788-1813.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Berks. b. 42
Extents: 81 Leaves
Drawings, prints and other papers of the Buckler and Hollis families, including: Topographical engravings and drawings by John Buckler, R.C. Buckler, George Buckler, and J.C. Buckler Engravings by Thomas and George Hollis for Monumental effigies of Great Britain, pts. i-vi
Extents: 24 shelfmarks
Dates: 19th cent.
Volume of drawings and engravings of churches, monuments and brasses in Berkshire and Oxford city, early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. b. 64
Extents: 505 Leaves
Dates: early 19th century
- Indexed names: Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 2
- Antiquarians 2
- Architectural drawing 2
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 2
- Berkshire (England) 3
- Church buildings 3
- Church buildings -- England -- Berkshire 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Drawing 1
- Drawings 2
- Engraving 1
- Oxford (England) 2
- Oxfordshire (England) 3
- Topographical drawing 1
- Wiltshire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Benson | Robert | 1797-1844 | judge and local historian of Salisbury 1
- Buckler | George | 1811-1886 1
- Buckler | John | 1770-1851 | topographical artist, architect, and antiquary 1
- Buckler | Richard C | 1802-1829 1
- Buckler | family 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 2
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary 1
- Hollis | George | 1793-1842 | Topographical Engraver 1
- Hollis | Thomas | 1818-1843 | Topographical Engraver 1
- Hollis | family 1
- Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 3
- Phillipps | Sir | Thomas | 1792-1872 | Baronet | Antiquary, and Collector of MSS and Books 3