Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Papers and autograph manuscripts of Wilfred Owen (1893-1918), poet, with papers of other family members.
Extents: 7.7 Linear metres (70 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c.1820-2003, n.d.
Guard-book of literary manuscripts, late 19th-early 20th century
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 2
Extents: 146 Leaves
Dates: late 19th-early 20th cent.
Guard-book of verse, 19th-20th centuries.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. d. 187
Extents: 78 Leaves
Dates: 19th-20th centuries
Letter from Edmund Blunden to Jack Issacs, c.1920s.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8394, fol. 86
Extents: 1 leaf
Letters and papers relating to the poet and university teacher Edmund Blunden and his first wife, Mary Blunden (née Daines, later Cooper Keeble).
Extents: 2.85 Linear metres (23 physical shelfmarks)
164 letters from Edmund Blunden, mainly to Archibald Hector Buck, 1917-67. Blunden and Buck had been schoolmates at Christ's Hospital in Horsham, Sussex. At fol. 43 is a letter to Buck from Mary, first wife of Blunden, 1918. At fols. 175 and 269 are Christmas cards, 1936, 1955, with poems by Blunden. Additionally there is a xerox of a manuscript copy by Buck of the letters and cards of Blunden, with annotations.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Letters from Edmund Blunden to John and Marjorie Buxton
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2048
Extents: 39 Leaves
Letters to H.J. Massingham mainly from Edmund Blunden, c.1919-1949.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 3216, fols. 70-99
Extents: 30 Leaves
Letters to Professor James Sutherland.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8375
Extents: 1 box
Manuscript of 'Charles Lamb and his contemporaries' by Edmund Blunden
Shelfmark: MS. Don. d. 52
Extents: 145 Leaves
Three Edmund Blunden documents from the printed books collection of Michael Turner.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8394, fols. 35-39
Extents: 5 Leaves
Dates: Jan 1931-Jan 1936 and n.d.
- Indexed names: Blunden | Edmund Charles | 1896-1974 | poet X
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 2
- Correspondence 1
- Cricket 1
- English literature 2
- English literature -- 20th century 3
- English poetry 2
- English poetry -- 20th century 3
- Essays 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Literature 4
- Literature -- 20th century 1
- Manuscripts 2
- Poetry 2
- Poetry, English 1
- Poets 3
- Poets -- 20th century 1
- Poets, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- War poetry 2
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Indexed names
- Sassoon | Siegfried | 1886-1967 | poet 2
- Belloc | Joseph Hilaire Pierre | 1870-1953 | writer and historian 1
- Bennett | Arnold | 1867-1931 | Writer 1
- Buck | Archibald Hector | 1900-1987 1
- Buxton | John | fl 1939-1985 1
- Buxton | Marjorie | fl 1939-1985 1
- Coppard | Alfred Edgar | 1878-1957 | writer 1
- Crabbe | George | 1754-1832 | Poet 1
- Flecker | Herman James Elroy | 1884-1915 | Poet and Dramatist 1
- Graves | Robert Ranke | 1895-1985 | poet and author 1
- Greene | Henry Graham | 1904-1991 | novelist 1
- Gunston | family 1
- Lewis| Clive Staples | 1898-1963 | writer 1
- Marsh | Sir | Edward Howard | 1872-1953 | Knight | civil servant and patron of the arts 1
- Massingham | Harold John | 1888-1952 | author and journalist 1
- Owen | Family 1
- Owen | Wilfred Edward Salter | 1893-1918 | poet 1
- Owen | William Harold | 1897-1971 | brother of Wilfred Owen 1
- Read | Sir | Herbert Edward | 1893-1968 | Knight | poet, literary critic and writer on art 1
- Sutherland | Sir | James Runcieman | 1900-1996 | Knight | professor of Modern English Literature 1