Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Archive of the North Family, Barons North and Earls of Guilford, 13th-20th century.
Extents: 26.01 Linear metres (309 boxess)
Dates: 13th-20th century
Guard-book of miscellaneous papers and letters, 12th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. German b. 3
Extents: 49 Leaves
Dates: 12th-20th cent.
Manuscripts, mainly medieval, collected by Lyell, arranged in the following categories: British Isles France Germany and Austria Italy Netherlands Portugal Spain Greek Hebrew Arabic Lyell empt.
Extents: 169 shelfmarks
Dates: 11th-20th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Church buildings 1
- Lawyers 1
- Manuscripts, Medieval 1
- x - 11th century 1
- x - 12th century 2
- Indexed names
- Caesar | Julius | 1558-1636 | Sir | Knight Judge 1
- Doyle | Charles William | 1770-1842 | Sir | Knight General 1
- Doyle | family | Bramblestown, County Kilkenny 1
- Lyell | James Patrick Ronaldson | 1871-1948 | book and manuscript collector 1
- North | Edward | c 1496-1564 | 1st Baron North 1
- North | Francis | 1704-1790 | 1st Earl of Guilford | Lord Chancellor 1
- North | Frederick | 1732-1792 | 2nd Earl of Guilford | statesman 1
- North | William Frederick John | 1860-1938 | 12th Baron North 1
- North | family | Barons North and Earls of Guilford 1
- Stuart | John | 1713-1792 | 3rd Earl of Bute | statesman 1
- Walkinshaw | Clementina | ? 1726-1802 | mistress of the Young Pretender 1
- Wroxton Abbey | Wroxton, Oxfordshire 1
- Arabic 1
- English 2
- French 2
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 2
- Latin 2
- Portuguese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1