Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Letters from Geoffrey Bussell Masefield (and one from his wife, Joy) while at the Imperial College of Tropical Agriculture in Trinidad (1934-1935) and as an Agricultural Officer in Uganda (1935-1945).
Extents: 218 ff.
"The value of home economics education in a developing country": text of an address, with illustrative material used in community development work in Uganda.
Extents: 1 box
Clement Baker's diaries, 1901, 1902, 1904, 1908 and 1909, and papers as Medical and Sanitary officer in Uganda, 1902-1928 (including correspondence, maps, reports, photographs, etc. relating to sleeping sickness and the bubonic plague).George Baker's journal and papers relating to his journey overland from Ceylon to England, 1822-1823.
Extents: 4 boxes
Dates: 1822-1823, 1901-1928
Correspondence, press cuttings, etc. as Administrative Officer, Provincial Native Courts Adviser, Head of Uganda Law School, and Senior Courts Adviser in Entebbe.
Extents: 1 box
Scrapbooks containing letters, press cuttings, leaflets etc., relating to service in Uganda.
Extents: 2 Volumes
Papers as Governor of Uganda and Governor of Kenya. Also biographical material and correspondence. The years with the British South Africa Company are mainly represented by unofficial correspondence and Coryndon's own articles for magazines. No papers relating to his service under Rhodes survive in this collection. A small part of the collection is formed by correspondence and papers (1926-1931) of Sir Edward Grigg (Coryndon's successor in Kenya), along with papers (1913-1930) of…
Extents: 18 boxes
Accounts by Ellen Kathleen Fenning of the consecration of the Anglican Cathedral at Entebbe (13th September 1919), and her impressions of the country and people while on safari with her husband, Captain G.E. Fenning (DSO), Assistant Director of Surveys in Uganda. Also 2 circular letters (1921), dealing with her domestic arrangements and the difficulties of child-care in Uganda. Typescript and photocopied typescript.
Extents: 64 Leaves
- Indexed subjects: Uganda -- Officials and employees X
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- African trypanosomiasis 1
- Agriculturalists -- Uganda -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiographies -- Uganda -- Entebbe 1
- Cathedrals -- Uganda 1
- Civil Service -- Uganda -- Colonies 1
- Colonial administrators -- Africa 1
- Colonial administrators -- Uganda 2
- Colonial administrators' spouses -- Uganda 1
- Community development -- Uganda 1
- Governors -- Africa 1
- Kenya -- Officials and employees 1
- Law -- Uganda 1
- Plague -- Africa 1
- Plague -- Malta 1
- Students -- Trinidad and Tobago -- Correspondence 1
- Uganda -- Description and travel 1
- Indexed names
- Baker | Clement John | 1872-1922 | Chief Medical and Sanitary Officer of Uganda 1
- Baker | George | fl 1822-1823 | Lieutenant 1
- Church Missionary Society 1
- Coryndon | Phyllis Mary | fl 1903-1947 | Lady | nee Worthington, wife of Sir Robert Thorne Coryndon 1
- Coryndon | Sir | Robert Thorne | 1870-1925 | Knight | Colonial Administrator 1
- Dutton | Eric Aldhelm Torlogh | 1895-1973 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Fenning | Captain George Edward | fl 1919-1921 | Captain Colonial Civil Servant 1
- Fenning | Ellen Kathleen | fl 1919-1921 | wife of Colonial Civil Servant 1
- Fleming | J T | b 1924 | Barrister Colonial Administrator 1
- Great Britain | Colonial Administrative Service 3
- Grigg | Edward William Macleay | 1879-1955 | 1st Baron Altrincham | politician 1
- Hastie | Catherine I M | b 1906 | welfare officer in Uganda 1
- Imperial College of Tropical Agriculture (Trinidad and Tobago) 1
- Masefield | Geoffrey Bussell | 1911-2001 | agriculturalist, author 1
- Masefield | Joy | fl 1934-1945 | wife of Geoffrey Bussell Masefield 1
- Postlethwaite | John Rutherford Parkin | 1883-1956 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Richards | Charles Granston | b 1908 | Missionary and Publisher 1