Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Cyclostyled typescripts of four 20th-cent. plays, possibly performed by the Meadow Players at Oxford Playhouse
Cyclostyled typescripts of four 20th-cent. plays, possibly performed by the Meadow Players at Oxford Playhouse.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6058
Extents: 281 Leaves
Dates: 20th century
Draft of Max Beerbohm’s account of his first meetings with H.B. Irving, together with two cartoons
A draft of Max Beerbohm’s account of his first meetings with H.B. Irving, elder son of Sir Henry Irving, together with two colotype prints of Beerbohm cartoons depicting H.B. Irving.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. b. 2173
Extents: 1 box
Letter from John Galsworthy to a theatre group in Bradford
Letter from John Galsworthy to a theatre group in Bradford.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8394, fol. 54
Extents: 1 leaf
Letters and papers of Charles Williams
Correspondence of Charles Williams, author (1886-1945), with Phyllis M. Potter, and other literary papers.
Extents: 0.3 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Literary papers of Charles Williams
Literary papers and correspondence by and relating to Charles Williams, author (1886-1945).
Extents: 1.05 Linear metres (8 boxes)
Natasha Spender papers
Correspondence and papers of Natasha Spender, concert pianist, academic, writer, and wife of the British poet Stephen Spender.
Extents: 27.0 Linear metres (180 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c. 1800-2011, n.d.
Papers of Robert Ross and Vyvyan Holland relating to the Literary Estate of Oscar Wilde
Papers relating to the administration of the literary estate of the poet and playwright Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).
Extents: 1.35 Linear metres (9 physical shelfmarks)
Photographs relating to the Shelley Family
Photographs relating to the Shelley Family, late 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. 21174 Photogr. 1
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 1871-20th century; Majority of material found within 1871-late 19th century
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 7
- English literature -- 20th century 5
- Theater -- England 5
- Literature 4
- Theater 4
- 19th century 2
- Correspondence 2
- English literature 2
- English literature -- 19th century 2
- English poetry -- 20th century 2
- Literary criticism 2
- 21st century 1
- Acting 1
- Authors 1
- Authors -- 19th century 1
- Gardens 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Literature -- 20th century 1
- Music 1
- Obituaries 1
- Photographs 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets 1
- Sermons 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Beerbohm | Sir | Henry Maximilian | 1872-1956 | Knight | author and cartoonist 1
- Galsworthy | John | 1867-1933 | novelist and playwright 1
- Holland | Vyvyan Beresford | 1886-1967 | author and translator 1
- Irving | Henry Brodribb | 1870-1919 | actor-manager 1
- Oxford Playhouse | Oxford 1
- Ross | Robert Baldwin | 1869-1918 | journalist and editor 1
- Shelley | Jane | 1820-1899 | née Gibson | wife of Sir Percy Florence Shelley 1
- Shelley | Sir | Percy Florence | 1819-1889 | 3rd Baronet of Castle Goring | son of Percy Bysshe Shelley and Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley 1
- Spender | Natasha | 1919-2010 | née Litvin | concert pianist 1
- Spender | Sir | Stephen Harold | 1909-1995 | Knight | poet 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Wilde | Oscar O'Flahertie Wills | 1856-1900 | author 1
- Williams | Charles | 1886-1945 | author 2