Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Contemporary copies of miscellaneous 16th- and 18th-century papers, c.1599-1722.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 121
Extents: 23 Leaves
Copies of 'Burghley Papers' or Cecil papers, written in the middle of the 18th century.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: middle of the 18th century
Early 17th-cent. transcripts of pieces relating to France, 1592-1923
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. f. 8
Extents: 180 Leaves
Guard-book of letters and documents, 16th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. b. 172
Extents: 135 Leaves
Dates: 16th-20th century
Guard-book of letters and papers
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. lett. c. 12
Extents: 280 Leaves
Dates: 16th-20th cent.
Guard-book of letters and papers, 16th - 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 237
Extents: 74 Leaves
Dates: 16th-19th cent.
Guard-book of papers and letters, 16th-19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 396
Extents: 227 Leaves
Dates: 16th-20th cent.
Microfilms of Acts of Parliament, 1497-1702.
Extents: 14 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Microfilms of House of Lords main papers, May 1499-April 1704, including protestations 1641/2.
Extents: 132 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Miscellaneous Exchequer documents, 1550-1773.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. b. 207
Extents: 199 Leaves
Personal papers of three generations of the Dodson family; Sir John Dodson, John George Dodson and John William Dodson, 1568-1930 (predominantly 1807-1930).
Extents: 11.5 Linear metres (115 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1568-1932 (predominantly 1807-1930)
'A Register of [the Privy Council in the time of] Queen Mary', August 22, 1553-Dec. 30, 1557, written in A.D. 1730.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. b. 3
Extents: 746 pages
Dates: written in A.D. 1730
Willis's manuscript collections are chiefly the materials from which were published his Survey of the Cathedrals in England and Wales (except Canterbury, Exeter, Norwich, Salisbury and Wells, which although never printed are as well represented in the manuscripts as the others), 1717-1730; his Parochiale Anglicanum, 1733; his Notitia Parliamentaria, 1716-1750; and his History of the Town,…
Extents: 112 shelfmarks
Dates: 16th-18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 11
- 16th century 9
- 17th century 9
- 20th century 7
- Politics and Government 7
- 19th century 6
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 16th century 4
- Letters 4
- Great Britain -- Politics and Government -- 17th century 3
- Royal family 3
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 15th century 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 18th century 2
- Accounts 1
- Buckingham (England) 1
- Buckinghamshire (England) 1
- Cathedrals 1
- Courts 1
- Diplomatic and consular service -- British 1
- France 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Legal documents 1
- Music 1
- Nobility -- Great Britain 1
- Religion 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Cecil | William | 1520-1598 | 1st Baron Burghley | Statesman 3
- Elizabeth I | 1533-1603 | Queen of England and Ireland 2
- James VI and I | 1566-1625 | King of Scotland, England and Ireland 2
- Asquith | Herbert Henry | 1852-1928 | 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith | statesman 1
- Cecil | Robert | 1563-1612 | 1st Earl of Salisbury | politician and courtier 1
- Charles II | 1630-1685 | King of England, Scotland and Ireland 1
- Clayton | Sir | Robert | 1629-1707 | Knight | Banker and politician 1
- Devereux | Robert | 1566-1601 | 2nd Earl of Essex | statesman 1
- Dodson | Family | Barons Monk Bretton 1
- Dodson | John George | 1825-1897 | 1st Baron Monk Bretton | Politician 1
- Dodson | John William | 1869-1933 | 2nd Baron Monk Bretton 1
- Dodson | Sir | John | 1780-1858 | Knight | Dean of the Arches 1
- Dudley | Robert | 1532-1588 | Earl of Leicester, courtier and magnate 1
- Edward VII | 1841-1910 | King of Great Britain and Ireland 1
- England and Wales | House of Lords 1
- England | House of Lords 1
- England | Privy Council 1
- Fox | Sir | John Charles | 1855-1943 | Knight | Justice of the Peace and solicitor 1
- Griffith-Boscawen | Sir | Arthur Sackville Trevor | 1865-1946 | Politician 1
- House of Lords Record Office: the Parliamentary Archives 1
- Hyde | Edward | 1609-1674 | 1st Earl of Clarendon | Lord Chancellor 1
- Jenner | Sir | Thomas | 1638-1707 | Judge 1
- Mary I | 1516-1558 | Queen of England and Ireland 1
- Mary I | 1542-1587 | Queen of Scots 1
- Mary II | 1662-1694 | Queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland 1
- Montagu | Edward | 1602-1671 | 2nd Earl of Manchester 1
- Onslow | Arthur | 1691-1768 | Speaker of the House of Commons 1
- Porter | Sir | Robert Ker | 1777-1842 | Knight | Painter, writer and diplomat 1
- Russell | John | 1792-1878 | 1st Earl Russell | statesman 1
- Sidney | Sir | Philip | 1554-1586 | Knight | Soldier, statesman, and poet 1
- Spencer | Robert | 1641-1702 | 2nd Earl of Sunderland | nobleman and politician 1
- Thurloe | John | 1616-1668 | Secretary to the Council of State 1
- Willis | Browne | 1682-1760 | Antiquary and Numismatist 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Latin 4