Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Archive of George Thorn-Drury
Extents: 1.19 linear metres (19 boxes)
Dates: 19th-20th cent.
Archive of Sir Herbert Grierson relating to John Donne.
Extents: 0.27 linear metres (3 boxes)
Working papers of Dame Helen Gardner relating to her edition of The divine poems of John Donne, including: letters from Herbert Grierson, 1943-50 a typescript essay, 'The Date, Order and Interpretation of the Holy Sonnets',  an amended typescript 'Commentary', annotated 'Version sent to Press & sent back to be…
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: 1943-50, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- Drama -- 17th century 1
- English drama -- 17th century 1
- Metaphysical poetry -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Poetry, English -- 16th century 2
- Indexed names
- Donne | John | 1573-1631 | Dean of St. Paul's and poet 2
- Drury | George Thorn | 1860-1931 | Barrister and Literary Scholar 1
- Gardner | Dame | Helen Louise | 1908-1986 | literary scholar 1
- Grierson | Sir | Herbert John Clifford | 1866-1960 | Knight | Professor of English literature at Edinburgh University 1
- Grierson | Sir | Herbert John Clifford | 1866-1960 | knight | Professor of English literature at Edinburgh University 1