Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The 'Merton' and 'Dowden' manuscripts of the sermons of John Donne, used by G.R. Potter and E.M. Simpson in The sermons of John Donne (10 vols., Berkeley & Los Angeles, 1953-62), and the 'Dowden' manuscript of Donne's poems, used by Sir Herbert Grierson in The poems of John Donne (2 vols., Oxford, 1912) and by Dame Helen Gardner in The divine poems (2nd ed., Oxford, 1978).
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: early 17th cent.
The poems of John Donne (2 vols., Oxford, 1912) interleaved and annotated, plus letters to Sir Herbert.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks (0.33 linear metres)
Volume of poems by John Donne and others.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. f. 9
Extents: 245 pages
Working papers of Dame Helen Gardner relating to her edition of The divine poems of John Donne, including: letters from Herbert Grierson, 1943-50 a typescript essay, 'The Date, Order and Interpretation of the Holy Sonnets',  an amended typescript 'Commentary', annotated 'Version sent to Press & sent back to be…
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: 1943-50, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 2
- 20th century 2
- Metaphysical poetry -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Poetry 2
- Poetry, English -- 16th century 2
- Poetry, English -- 17th century 2
- Sermons 1
- Indexed names
- Champernowne | Henry | fl. 1623 1
- Gardner | Helen Louise | 1908-1986 | literary scholar 1
- Grierson | Sir | Herbert John Clifford | 1866-1960 | Knight | Professor of English literature at Edinburgh University 2