Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Album of music collected by Emily Wilmot Horton, dated at beginning 'Sep 1837' and labelled 'Parham, Sussex'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 232
Extents: 86 Leaves
Dates: Sept 1837
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Odling family, 1785-1994, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 Linear meters (90 boxes)
Dates: 1785-1994, n.d.
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Sterndale Bennett family, 1816-, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 Linear meters (74 boxes)
Dates: 1816-, n.d.
'Grande valse de concert, pour la main gauche seule. Pour piano', op. 12 by Arnoud Krever, [late 19th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 625
Extents: 14 pages
Dates: [late 19th cent.]
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.73
Extents: 68 pages
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Collection of about three hundred waltzes for pianoforte, with other dances and airs, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 180
Extents: 194 pages
Dates: early 19th cent
Quadrille music for piano 'Composed and Inscribed to Mrs. Walshe, Rutland Square, by E. Arnold', [c 1830?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f.36
Extents: 9 Leaves
Dates: [c 1830?]
'Tarentelle pour violon avec act. de piano' by E. Maguin, [late 19th cent.?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 627
Extents: 14 pages
Dates: [late 19th cent.?]
Autograph music manuscripts of Hubert Parry's compositions predominantly from his time at Oxford in various levels of completeness, 1867-1872.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b.401
Extents: 1 box
Arrangement for piano duet of Overture and Act 1 only of 'Zayre', an opera by Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in a mid-19th century German copy.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 295
Extents: 36 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Joseph Gung'l: Waltzes, etc., for pianofortes, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.368
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Music collected by Herma Fiedler, 1843-1926, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 369
Extents: 31 Leaves
Dates: 1843, 1909, 1925-1926, n.d.
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers, 1804-1982.
Extents: 1.5 linear metres (10 physical shelfmarks)
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 Linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Musical exercise book of Elisabeth Hastings, 1832.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 237
Extents: 50 Leaves
Dates: 1 Mar 1832
The original score of Dr. William Crotch's Oratorio of Palestine, written in or shortly before A.D. 1812 by W. Crotch.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 15
Extents: 124 pages
Dates: written in or shortly before A.D. 1812 by W. Crotch
Allegro [in B flat], probably for piano, by Sir John Goss, 14 May 1838.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 308
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: 14 May 1838
'Tunes composed by John Malchair for the 3 stringed violin also others for the common violin. The whole adapted by William Crotch for the Piano Forte.'
'Tunes composed by John Malchair for the 3 stringed violin also others for the common violin. The whole adapted by William Crotch for the Piano Forte', written in about A.D. 1800-1835, chiefly by W. Crotch.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 32
Extents: 78 pages
Dates: written in about A.D. 1800-1835, chiefly by W. Crotch
Autograph scores of two works for violin and piano by Charles Grisart, 17 Feb 1892, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 626
Extents: 12 Leaves
Dates: 17 Feb 1892, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- Music 21
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 19
- Piano music 17
- Songs with piano 7
- 20th century 6
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 4
- Orchestral music 4
- Violin and piano music 4
- Anthems 3
- Chamber music 3
- Incidental music 3
- Organ music 3
- Cantatas, Secular 2
- Composers -- Correspondence 2
- Concertos (Piano) 2
- Overtures 2
- Part songs, English 2
- Piano music (4 hands) 2
- Piano trios 2
- String quartets 2
- Symphonies 2
- Violin music 2
- Vocal music 2
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cello and piano music 1
- Cello music 1
- Choral music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Composers -- Diaries 1
- Composers -- England -- Oxford 1
- Composers -- France -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Portraits 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Greek drama -- Incidental music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Hymns, English 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Oratorios 1
- Orchestral works 1
- Piano music (1 hand) 1
- Piano music (4 hands), Arranged 1
- Piano quartets 1
- Quadrilles 1
- Sonatas (Cello and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Piano) 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music, Arranged 1
- Violoncello music 1
- Waltzes 1
- Waltzes (Piano) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bennett | James Robert Sterndale | 1847-1928 | maths and music teacher 1
- Bennett | Sir | William Sterndale | 1816–1875 | Knight | composer 3
- Case | Thomas Sterndale-Bennett | 1882-1944 | singer and entertainer 1
- Crotch | William | 1775-1847 | composer and organist 2
- Ernst II | 1818-1893 | Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha 1
- Goss | Sir | John | 1800-1880 | organist and composer 1
- Grisart | Charles Jean Baptiste | 1837-1904 | operatic composer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | William | 1774-1858 | composer 1
- Krever | Arnoud | 1855-1927 | composer and conductor 1
- Macfarren | Sir | George Alexander |1813–1887 | Knight | composer 1
- Maguin | E | fl 19th cent. | composer 1
- Malchair | John | bap 1730-1812 | folksong collector 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 2
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer, and musical writer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- English 16
- French 5
- German 3
- Latin 1