Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Album of music collected by Emily Wilmot Horton
Album of music collected by Emily Wilmot Horton, dated at beginning 'Sep 1837' and labelled 'Parham, Sussex'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 232
Extents: 86 Leaves
Dates: Sept 1837
Archive of William Sterndale Bennett acquired from the Odling family
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Odling family, 1785-1994, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 linear metres (90 boxes)
Dates: 1785-1994, n.d.
Archive of William Sterndale Bennett acquired from the Sterndale Bennett family
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Sterndale Bennett family, 1816-, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 linear metres (74 boxes)
Dates: 1816-, n.d.
Arnoud Krever: 'Grande valse de concert, pour la main gauche seule. Pour piano'
'Grande valse de concert, pour la main gauche seule. Pour piano', op. 12 by Arnoud Krever, [late 19th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 625
Extents: 14 pages
Dates: [late 19th cent.]
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.73
Extents: 68 pages
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Arthur Sullivan
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Arthur Sullivan, 1855-1899.
Extents: 1.05 linear metres (7 physical shelfmarks)
Collection of about three hundred waltzes for pianoforte, with other dances and airs
Collection of about three hundred waltzes for pianoforte, with other dances and airs, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 180
Extents: 194 pages
Dates: early 19th cent
E. Arnold: Quadrille music for piano
Quadrille music for piano 'Composed and Inscribed to Mrs. Walshe, Rutland Square, by E. Arnold', [c 1830?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f.36
Extents: 9 Leaves
Dates: [c 1830?]
E. Maguin: 'Tarentelle pour violon avec act. de piano'
'Tarentelle pour violon avec act. de piano' by E. Maguin, [late 19th cent.?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 627
Extents: 14 pages
Dates: [late 19th cent.?]
Early music manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry
Autograph music manuscripts of Hubert Parry's compositions predominantly from his time at Oxford in various levels of completeness, 1867-1872.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b.401
Extents: 1 box
Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Excerpts from an opera 'Zayre' arranged for piano duet
Arrangement for piano duet of Overture and Act 1 only of 'Zayre', an opera by Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in a mid-19th century German copy.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 295
Extents: 36 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Joseph Gung'l: Waltzes, etc., for pianofortes
Joseph Gung'l: Waltzes, etc., for pianofortes, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.368
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Music collected and given by Herma Fiedler
Music collected by Herma Fiedler, 1843-1926, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 369
Extents: 31 Leaves
Dates: 1843, 1909, 1925-1926, n.d.
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers, 1804-1982.
Extents: 1.5 linear metres (10 physical shelfmarks)
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related material
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Musical exercise book of Elisabeth Hastings
Musical exercise book of Elisabeth Hastings, 1832.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 237
Extents: 50 Leaves
Dates: 1 Mar 1832
Sir John Goss: Allegro [in B flat]
Allegro [in B flat], probably for piano, by Sir John Goss, 14 May 1838.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 308
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: 14 May 1838
Two works for violin and piano by Charles Grisart
Autograph scores of two works for violin and piano by Charles Grisart, 17 Feb 1892, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 626
Extents: 12 Leaves
Dates: 17 Feb 1892, n.d.
William Sterndale Bennett: 30 Preludes and Lessons for pianoforte, [op. 33]
[Op. 33], 30 Preludes and Lessons for pianoforte by Sir William Sterndale Bennett. Autograph fair copy, 1853 and 1862.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 234
Extents: 24 Leaves
Dates: 3 Mar 1853, 12 Oct 1862
- Indexed subjects
- Piano music 15
- Songs with piano 7
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 6
- 20th century 5
- Incidental music 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 4
- Orchestral music 4
- Violin and piano music 4
- Anthems 3
- Overtures 3
- Cantatas, Secular 2
- Chamber music 2
- Composers -- Correspondence 2
- Concertos (Piano) 2
- Organ music 2
- Part songs, English 2
- Piano music (4 hands) 2
- Piano trios 2
- String quartets 2
- Symphonies 2
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cello and piano music 1
- Cello music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Composers -- Diaries 1
- Composers -- England -- Oxford 1
- Composers -- France -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Portraits 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Hymns, English 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Marches (Orchestra) 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Operettas 1
- Oratorios 1
- Piano music (1 hand) 1
- Piano music (4 hands), Arranged 1
- Piano quartets 1
- Quadrilles 1
- Sacred songs with piano 1
- Sonatas (Cello and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Piano) 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music, Arranged 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal music 1
- Waltzes 1
- Waltzes (Piano) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bennett | James Robert Sterndale | 1847-1928 | maths and music teacher 1
- Bennett | Sir | William Sterndale | 1816–1875 | Knight | composer 3
- Case | Thomas Sterndale-Bennett | 1882-1944 | singer and entertainer 1
- Ernst II | 1818-1893 | Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha 1
- Goss | Sir | John | 1800-1880 | organist and composer 1
- Grisart | Charles Jean Baptiste | 1837-1904 | operatic composer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | William | 1774-1858 | composer 1
- Krever | Arnoud | 1855-1927 | composer and conductor 1
- Macfarren | Sir | George Alexander |1813–1887 | Knight | composer 1
- Maguin | E | fl 19th cent. | composer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 2
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | Knight | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- English 14
- French 6
- German 3