Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Album of photographs of members of the Liberal Party concerned with the mid-Oxfordshire by-election, 1891, compiled by John Banbury, alderman of Woodstock.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 658
Extents: 1 item
The principal part of the collection consists of photographs (and original negatives) taken by Henry Minn. It also contains photographs taken by Sarah Angelina Acland and Henry Taunt. There are photographs belonging to C.F. Bell (possibly Charles Francis Bell).
Extents: 24.1 Linear metres (241 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 19th-20th century
Four photograph albums of Sir Henry Wentworth Acland, 1840s-1890s and four photograph albums of his daughter, Sarah Angelina Acland, late 19th cent.
Extents: 1.2 Linear metres (9 physical shelfmarks)
Photographs by William Thorne, of water-mills and of other buildings in Oxfordshire and Kent, c.1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 49
Extents: 13 items
Photographs of houses in Stanford-in-the-Vale, Oxfordshire, 19th-20th century collected by Violet M. Howse, with (e. 23-4) descriptive list by Mrs. Howse of the photographs in d. 33 and of colour slides of houses in Stanford-in-the-Vale in MSS. Film 644-7.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: 19th-20th cent.
Photographs of the buildings and inhabitants of Goosey in Berkshire, 19th-20th century, collected by Violet M. Howse, with a descriptive list by her of slides of views of the parish (MS. Film 1672) and of the photographs, 1969.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: 19th-20th cent.
Typescript history, with photographs, of the Oxford High School for Boys, 1877-1925, by J. L. Marler
Typescript history, with photographs, of the Oxford High School for Boys, 1877-1925, by J. L. Marler, c.1966.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 650
Extents: 108 Leaves
Typescript notes on the history of Emmer Green and Rosehill, Caversham, by Doris M. Robinson, 1966, with photographs of the area, early 20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 535
Extents: 37 Leaves
Dates: 20th century
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 7
- 20th century 6
- Photographs 5
- Berkshire (England) 3
- Local history 2
- Photograph collections 2
- Photographers -- England 2
- Africa, North 1
- Cassington (England) 1
- Caversham | Berkshire | SU 7174 xx Caversham | Oxfordshire 1
- Devon (England) 1
- Elections -- Great Britain 1
- Eynsham (England) 1
- Goosey (England) 1
- Oxford (England) 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photography -- History -- 19th century 1
- Politics and Government 1
- Stanford-in-the-Vale (England) 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Yarnton (England) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Acland | Sarah Angelina | 1849-1930 | Fellow of Royal Photographic Society and Royal Society of Arts 2
- Acland | Sir | Henry Wentworth | 1815-1900 | 1st Baronet | physician 1
- Acland | family | 1800-2000 | Baronets | Oxford 2
- Banbury | John | fl. 1891 | alderman of Woodstock 1
- Bell | Charles Francis | 1871-1966 | Art Historian 1
- Howse | Violet Margaret | b. 1906 2
- Liberal Party 1
- Marler | J. L. | fl. ? 1966-1973 1
- Minn | Henry | 1870-1961 | Clockmaker and Antiquary 1
- Oxford High School for Boys 1
- Robinson | Doris M. | fl. 1966 1
- Taunt | Henry William | 1842-1922 | Photographer and Antiquary 1
- Thorne | William | fl. c.1900 1