Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
Additional papers and photographs of Sir Mark Aurel Stein (1862-1943), scholar, explorer and archaeologist, 325-1944.
Extents: 0.75 Linear metres (13 physcial shelfmarks)
Album of photographs, c.1900, mainly of Oxford city and university buildings
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. c. 660
Extents: 31 Leaves
Official papers, personal letters and photographs of Sir Jervoise Athelstane Baines, and his son-in-law, Philip Edward Percival, both of the Indian Civil Service, 1862-1929.
Extents: 3.3 Linear metres (34 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1929, n.d.
Archive relating to the Old Mortality Club, a literary club at Oxford University, 1856-1938.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. b. 255
Extents: 100 Leaves
Collection of material relating to George Butterworth, his father Alexander Kaye Butterworth and Lady Butterworth (née Ionides)
Photographs and correspondence between members of the Butterworth family and significant figures from the musical and literary world in England at the turn of the 20th century.
Extents: 0.6 Linear metres (3 shelfmarks)
Collection of photographs and newspapers etc. by William Waller, including photographic portraits of University members, especially Christ Church and Loders Club members; photographic portraits of the Royal family, statesmen, and other notabilities, and photographs of Oxford views.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: 1861-87, n.d.
Coloured engravings, photographs and some cuttings and notes, collected by Helen E. Legge, mainly relating to the Divinity School, Oxford
Coloured engravings, photographs and some cuttings and notes, collected by Helen E. Legge, mainly relating to the Divinity School, Oxford, 19th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. b. 268
Extents: 113 Leaves
Dates: 19th-20th century
Photographs of Conservative Party figures and events.
Extents: 50 boxes
Dates: 1894-2015, n.d.
Guard-book of photographs, c.1871-1968.
Shelfmark: MS. Photogr. b. 3 (formerly MS. Top. gen. b. 82)
Extents: 36 Leaves
The principal part of the collection consists of photographs (and original negatives) taken by Henry Minn. It also contains photographs taken by Sarah Angelina Acland and Henry Taunt. There are photographs belonging to C.F. Bell (possibly Charles Francis Bell).
Extents: 24.1 Linear metres (241 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 19th-20th century
Photographs of Kenya settlers, farms and towns, 1898-1978, copied as part of the Kenya Archives project.
Extents: 3 boxes
Papers by the rev. Andrew Clark, illustrated by photographs
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 8
Extents: 158 pages
Dates: Written in 1886 and 1907 by A. Clark
Photograph albums illustrating the lives of Charles Hamblen-Thomas, 1887-1977, and of Eulalie Hamblen-Thomas, 1901-73, with loose leaves, being mainly letters and printed ephemera, 1901-77, n.d.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Photograph Albums of the Ainslie-Williams Family, 19th-20th century.
Extents: 1.65 Linear metres (21 boxes)
Dates: 19th-20th century
A small group of photographs of and relating to the Handel scholar T.W. Bourne, along with some press cuttings, etc.
Shelfmark: MS. 15641 Photogr. 1
Extents: 61 Leaves
Dates: 1897-1914, n.d.
Four photograph albums and other photographs of East Africa and the USA, some taken by Elspeth Huxley.
Extents: 1.0 Linear metre (5 boxes)
Photographs by William Thorne, of water-mills and of other buildings in Oxfordshire and Kent, c.1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 49
Extents: 13 items
Photographs, made in 1971, of 19th-century topographical drawings and water-colours.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. b. 61
Extents: 52 Leaves
Photographs of Hoddesdon, 1860-1904.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Herts. c. 1
Extents: 30 Leaves
Photographs of Houses in Stanford-in-the-Vale, Oxfordshire, collected by Violet Mary Howse.
Extents: 0.15 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: 19th-20th century
- Indexed subjects
- Photographs 17
- Oxford (England) 5
- Oxfordshire (England) 5
- Berkshire (England) 4
- University of Oxford 3
- 18th century 2
- 21st century 2
- Engraving 2
- Farms -- Kenya -- Photographs 2
- India 2
- Music 2
- Photograph collections 2
- Photographers -- England 2
- Africa -- Description and travel 1
- Africa, North 1
- Antiquarians 1
- Buckinghamshire (England) 1
- Butterworth, George Sainton Kaye, 1885-1916 -- Photographs 1
- Caricature 1
- Cassington (England) 1
- Cities and towns -- Kenya -- Photographs 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Devon (England) 1
- Diaries -- 19th century 1
- Europe 1
- Eynsham (England) 1
- Goosey (England) 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 21st century 1
- Groote Schuur (Cape Town, South Africa) -- Photographs 1
- Hertfordshire (England) 1
- India -- Politics and government 1
- Iran 1
- Iraq 1
- Local history 1
- Musical instruments -- Photographs 1
- Musicians -- Portraits 1
- Nepal 1
- Oxford | Oxfordshire | SP 5106 1
- Photograph Collections -- England -- Oxford 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photograph albums 20th century 1
- Photographs -- Africa 1
- Photography -- History -- 19th century 1
- Pioneers -- Kenya -- Photographs 1
- Poetry 1
- Reunion 1
- Stanford-in-the-Vale (England) 1
- Suffolk (England) 1
- Topographical drawing 1
- United States of America 1
- University of Oxford -- Societies, etc. 1
- Warwickshire (England) 1
- Yarnton (England) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Howse | Violet Margaret | b. 1906 2
- Acland | Sarah Angelina | 1849-1930 | Fellow of Royal Photographic Society and Royal Society of Arts 1
- Acland | family | 1800-2000 | Baronets | Oxford 1
- Ainslie-Williams | family 1
- Baines | Family 1
- Baines | Sir | Jervoise Athelstane | 1847-1925 | Knight | Indian civil servant 1
- Bell | Charles Francis | 1871-1966 | Art Historian 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Bruce | Robert | 1829-1908 | Congregational Minister 1
- Butterworth | George Sainton Kaye | 1885-1916 | composer and folk song collector 1
- Butterworth | Sir | Alexander Kaye | 1854-1946 | Knight | railway manager 1
- Clark | Andrew | 1854-1922 | Clergyman and Antiquary 1
- Conservative Party 1
- Eyre | Family 1
- Eyre | Gervas Selwyn | fl 1887-91 | Captain in the British army 1
- Hind | Jane | fl. 1825 1
- Huxley | Elspeth Josceline | 1907-1997 | née Grant | author and journalist 1
- India | Civil Service 1
- Legge | Helen Edith | 1860-1946 | daughter of James Legge 1
- Madan | Falconer | 1851-1935 | Bodley's Librarian, palaeographer and bibliographer 1
- Marler | J. L. | fl. ? 1966-1973 1
- Maxse | family | Effingham 1
- Minn | Henry | 1870-1961 | Clockmaker and Antiquary 1
- Nichol | John | 1833-1894 | literary scholar and writer 1
- Oxford High School for Boys 1
- Percival | Claud | fl 1901-9 | Major in the Rifle Brigade 1
- Percival | Family 1
- Percival | Philip Edward | 1872-1939 | Indian civil servant 1
- Rhodes | Cecil John | 1853-1902 | imperialist and benefactor 1
- Shrimpton | Alfred Thomas | 1840- 1900 | book seller and publisher 1
- Shrimpton | Thomas | 1806-1885 | book seller and publisher 1
- Stein | Sir | Mark Aurel | 1862-1943 | Knight Scholar Explorer Archaeologist 1
- Swinburne | Algernon Charles | 1837-1909 | poet 1
- Taunt | Henry William | 1842-1922 | photographer and antiquary 1
- Thomas Shrimpton & Son. book seller and publisher. 1
- Thomas | Charles | Hamblen- | fl 1887-1982 | surgeon 1
- Thomas | Eulalie | Hamblen- | fl 1901-1973 | nee Oliver 1
- Thorne | William | fl. c.1900 1
- University of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford | Christ Church 1
- University of Oxford | Loders Club 1
- University of Oxford | Old Mortality Club | 1856-1938 | literary club 1
- Waller | William Newcome | d 1909 1
- Wilkins | Joseph | 1820-1891 | topographical artist 1 ∧ less