Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Letters of Iris Murdoch to David Hicks
Extents: 0.33 Linear metres (3 shelfmarks)
Dates: 1938-1991, n.d.
Letters to Harold Joachim, 1905-1922.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2026, fols. 55-89
Extents: 35 Leaves
Notes by J. L. Austin for his course of lectures entitled 'Sense and sensibilia'
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. c. 377
Extents: 266 Leaves
Papers of Alfred Jules Ayer (1910-1989), philosopher
Extents: 5.59 Linear metres (39 physical shelfmarks)
Manuscripts of Sedlak's work, Pure Thought and the Riddle of the Universe (London, 1921?), and manuscripts and typescripts of unpublished works, vol. 2 of 'Pure thought', and 'Jupiter's satellites'.
Extents: 4 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Transcript of Saul Kripke's Locke Lectures
Shelfmark: MS. 15372
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 1973-1974, 2001
- Indexed subjects
- English literature -- 20th century 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Philosophers -- 20th century 2
- Indexed names
- Austin | John Langshaw | 1911-60 | philosopher of language 1
- Ayer | Sir | Alfred Jules | 1910-1989 | Knight | philosopher 1
- Hetherington | Sir | Hector James Wright | 1888-1965 | university vice-chancellor 1
- Joachim | Harold Henry | 1868-1938 | philosopher 1
- Kripke | Saul Aaron | b. 1940 | philosopher and logician 1
- Murdoch | Dame | Iris | 1919-1999 | novelist and philosopher 1
- Russell | Bertrand Arthur William | 1872-1970 | 3rd Earl Russell | philosopher 1
- Sedlak | Francis | 1873-1935 | philosopher 1