Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Act I of Il barbiere di Siviglia, opera buffa by Gioachino Rossini
Act I of Il barbiere di Siviglia, opera buffa in two acts by Gioachino Rossini, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 589
Extents: 290 Leaves
Arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas
Two pairs of volumes, in which were bound copies of arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas, c 1696-1697.
Extents: 4 physical shelfmarks (0.44 linear metres)
Dates: c 1696-1697
A composite volume of instrumental parts
A composite volume, containing various instrumental parts, some incomplete, late 17th/early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 261 (Former reference: Quarto B. 1-6)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Late 17th/early 18th cent.
Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Excerpts from an opera 'Zayre' arranged for piano duet
Arrangement for piano duet of Overture and Act 1 only of 'Zayre', an opera by Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in a mid-19th century German copy.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 295
Extents: 36 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Fragments relating to the chamber opera Heart of Darkness by Tarik O'Regan
Fragments relating to Heart of Darkness by Tarik O'Regan, 2011.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. a. 8
Extents: 3 Leaves
Franz Joseph Haydn: 'Son pietosa, son bonina', aria from pasticcio La Circe
'Son pietosa, son bonina', aria from Haydn's pasticcio La Circe with orchestral accompaniment arranged for piano, [?late 18th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 306
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: [?late 18th cent.]
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio, musica di Giov[an]ni Batt. Pergolesi. Roma 1735.'
Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio.' by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi. For two sopranos, violin, viola and continuo, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 604
Extents: 8 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore'
Vocal score of 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore' by Giovanni Paisiello, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 300
Extents: 6 Leaves
Dates: early 19th-cent.
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from La Frascatana
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from his opera La Frascatana, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 89-103
Extents: 15 Leaves
Italian arias and duets
25 Italian arias and duets, with instrumental accompaniment, copied in score from a French exemplar, late 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 51
Extents: 48 Leaves
Dates: late 17th cent.
Italian arias, mostly by Bolognese composers
One section of a collection of arias mostly by Bolognese composers in score, late 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 424 (Former reference: Music School B. 4. 28)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: late 17th cent.
Italian operatic arias copied by two different hands
Venetian operatic arias from the 1686/87 and 1687/88 seasons, copied by two different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 103
Extents: 116 pages (58, 71-72 blank)
Music bequeathed by T. W. Bourne
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 linear metres (20 boxes)
Orchestral parts used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford
Orchestral parts of works by various composers used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford, c 1755 - c 1820
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 638
Extents: 115 Leaves
Dates: c 1755 - c 1820
'Romanzo: Assisa a piè d'un salice' by Gioachino Rossini
Gioacchino Rossini: 'Romanzo: Assisa a piè d'un salice', c 1818.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 264
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: c 1818
Ruled music-book in the hand of Maurice Greene
Ruled music book in the hand of Maurice Greene, mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 563***
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid 18th cent.
Two vocal part-books from a set, 'Canto Chorus 1st' and 'Canto Chorus 2nd'
Two vocal parts from a set, 'Canto Chorus 1st' and 'Canto Chorus 2nd', 18th cent.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: 18th cent.
Volume of 18th-century Italian and English arias and songs
Not 14 (as written on the upper board), but 15 operatic arias and songs, mainly by G.F. Handel, [1733-1765]. They are predominantly in short score.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.309
Extents: 1 volume
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: 'Overture: introduction to Mozart's Requiem' [i.e. Don Giovanni]
'Overture: introduction to Mozart's Requiem' by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The 'Grave' section only of the Overture to Don Giovanni, c 1820?.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 297
Extents: 2 Leaves
Dates: c 1820?
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 11
- Operas -- Excerpts 11
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 9
- 19th century 8
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 8
- 17th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 5
- Operas, Excerpts 3
- Operas 2
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 2
- Songs with continuo 2
- Songs with instrumental ensemble 2
- Vocal duets with continuo 2
- 21st century 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Conrad, Joseph, 1857-1924 -- Musical settings 1
- Duets with instrumental ensemble 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Instruction and study 1
- Music -- Manuscritps -- 21st century 1
- Operas -- Excerpts -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Operas, Excerpts -- Scores 1
- Operas, Excerpts-- Parts 1
- Orchestral music 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Piano music (4 hands), Arranged 1
- Requiems -- Excerpts 1
- Sonatas 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs (High voice) with continuo 1
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra 1
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- String trios 1
- Suites 1
- Vocal duets with instrumental ensemble 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 4
- Paisiello | Giovanni | 1740-1816 | composer 2
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 2
- Perti | Giacomo Antonio | 1661-1756 | composer 2
- Rossini | Gioacchino Antonio | 1792-1868 | Italian operatic composer 2
- Sabadini | Bernardo | d 1718 | opera composer 2
- Aldrovandini | Giuseppe Antonio | 1671-1707 | composer 1
- Ariosti | Attilio | 1666-1729 | composer 1
- Biego | Paolo | fl 1682-1714 | composer, organist and singer 1
- Bononcini | Giovanni | 1670-1747 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Caldara | Antonio | 1670-1736 | musical composer 1
- Ernst II | 1818-1893 | Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha 1
- Fiorè | Angelo Maria | c 1660-1723 | cellist and composer 1
- Gabrielli | Domenico | 1659-1690 | composer 1
- Gasparini | Francesco | 1661-1727 | composer and teacher 1
- Greene | Maurice | 1695-1755 | organist and composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Lanciani | Flavio Carlo | 1661-1706 | composer, cellist and copyist 1
- Leveridge | Richard | 1670-1758 | composer and singer 1
- Mancia | Luigi | ? 1665-1708 | composer and singer 1
- Mozart | Wolfgang Amadeus | 1756-1791 | Austrian composer 1
- O’Regan | Tarik | b 1978 | composer 1
- Pallavicino | Carlo | c 1640-1688 | composer 1
- Philips | Tom (Trevor Thomas) | b 1937 | artist, writer and composer 1
- Pollarolo | Carlo Francesco | c 1653-1723 | composer and organist 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Tosi | Giuseppe Felice | 1619-1693 | composer and organist 1
- Ziani | Marc' Antonio | c 1653-1715 | composer 1 ∧ less
- Corsican 1
- English 8
- German 2
- Italian 13