Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Two pairs of volumes, in which were bound copies of arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas, c 1696-1697.
Extents: 4 physical shelfmarks (0.44 linear metres)
Dates: c 1696-1697
A composite volume, containing various instrumental parts, some incomplete, late 17th/early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 261 (Former reference: Quarto B. 1-6)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Late 17th/early 18th cent.
'Son pietosa, son bonina', aria from Haydn's pasticcio La Circe with orchestral accompaniment arranged for piano, [?late 18th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 306
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: [?late 18th cent.]
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio, musica di Giov[an]ni Batt. Pergolesi. Roma 1735.'
Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio.' by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi. For two sopranos, violin, viola and continuo, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 604
Extents: 8 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Vocal score of 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore' by Giovanni Paisiello, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 300
Extents: 6 Leaves
Dates: early 19th-cent.
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from his opera La Frascatana, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 89-103
Extents: 15 Leaves
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
Orchestral parts of works by various composers used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford, c 1755 - c 1820
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 638
Extents: 115 Leaves
Dates: c 1755 - c 1820
Ruled music book in the hand of Maurice Greene, mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 563***
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid 18th cent.
Two vocal parts from a set, 'Canto Chorus 1st' and 'Canto Chorus 2nd', 18th cent.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: 18th cent.
Not 14 (as written on the upper board), but 15 operatic arias and songs, mainly by G.F. Handel, [1733-1765]. They are predominantly in short score.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.309
Extents: 1 volume
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 9
- Operas -- Excerpts 5
- 19th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 4
- Operas, Excerpts 3
- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Operas 2
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Instruction and study 1
- Operas -- Excerpts -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Operas, Excerpts-- Parts 1
- Orchestral music 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Sonatas 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs (High voice) with continuo 1
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Songs with continuo 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- String trios 1
- Suites 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal duets with instrumental ensemble 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 4
- Paisiello | Giovanni | 1740-1816 | composer 2
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 2
- Ariosti | Attilio | 1666-1729 | composer 1
- Bononcini | Giovanni | 1670-1747 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Caldara | Antonio | 1670-1736 | musical composer 1
- Gasparini | Francesco | 1661-1727 | composer and teacher 1
- Greene | Maurice | 1695-1755 | organist and composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Lanciani | Flavio Carlo | 1661-1706 | composer, cellist and copyist 1
- Leveridge | Richard | 1670-1758 | composer and singer 1
- Mancia | Luigi | ? 1665-1708 | composer and singer 1
- Perti | Giacomo Antonio | 1661-1756 | composer 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Sabadini | Bernardo | d 1718 | opera composer 1
- Italian 8
- English 6
- Corsican 1
- German 1