Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The archive of the composer Robert Simpson comprising predominantly photocopies of Simpson's music manuscripts, his writings and recordings, together with printed material (concert programmes, published music and books from the composer's library). Material created by the Robert Simpson Society also forms part of this archive.
Extents: 25.0 Linear metres (117 boxes)
Dates: c.1840-2016, n.d.
Music manuscripts and computer-processed copies of music composed predominantly by Robert Sherlaw Johnson (1932-2000), with related material: programmes for performances of mainly his own music, floppy disks containing scores in music software, and annotated scores of music by Messiaen, Boulez and others, with related material, 1924-2000, n.d.
Extents: 4.48 Linear metres (32 boxes)
Dates: 1939-2000, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 21st century 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixes voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Church music -- Catholic Church 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Composers -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles 1
- Concerts -- England -- 20th century 1
- Masses (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Messiaen, Olivier, 1908-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Motets 1
- Motion picture music 1
- Music -- 20th century -- history and criticism 1
- Operas -- 20th century 1
- Orchestral music, Arranged 1
- Organ music, Arranged 1
- Piano music, Arranged 1
- Simpson, Robert, 1921-1997 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Indexed names
- Johnson | Robert | Sherlaw | 1932-2000 | composer 1
- Simpson | Robert Wilfred Levick | 1921-1997 | composer 1
- The Robert Simpson Society 1