Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Autograph music manuscripts of Bryan Kelly, 1998-1999.
Extents: 0.45 linear metres (3 boxes)
A collection of vocal music (mainly in manuscript set of parts) performed at the church of St Johann Nepomuk in Vienna from the beginning of the 19th to the middle of the 20th century.
Extents: 3.0 Linear metres (26 boxes)
Autograph score of Edmund Rubbra's 'The revival', motet for unaccompanied SATB chorus, to words by Henry Vaughan, op. 58, 17 Aug 1944.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 568
Extents: 12 pages
Dates: 17 Aug 1944
Harold Edwin Darke: 'Motet, Blessed is the man that endureth temptation. For four-part chorus' (SATB unaccompanied)
Autograph score of Harold Edwin Darke's 'Blessed is the man that endureth temptation', for unaccompanied SATB chorus, 6-8 Sep 1916.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 596
Extents: 16 pages
Dates: 6-8 Sep 1916
Herbert Norman Howells: 'Haec dies', motet for SSATB, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 436
Extents: 6 Leaves
John Gordon Bissley: 'Content thyself with patience'. 'Anthem for general use, or at a memorial service'
'Content thyself with patience', anthem for SATB chorus and organ by John Gordon Bissley, c 1920.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 612
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: c 1920
Autograph ink score of Magnificat and Nunc dimittis by [Robert Seymour ?] Bridges, with separate voice parts in various hands, undated, [c 1900?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 387
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1900?]
Score of Martin Fallas Shaw's 'Te Deum in C' for SATB and organ, [1901-1910].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 614
Extents: 8 Leaves
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Original compositions and accompaniments to traditional songs by R.L. Shield and others.
Extents: 1.0 Linear metre (7 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1916-1971, n.d.
Music manuscripts and computer-processed copies of music composed predominantly by Robert Sherlaw Johnson (1932-2000), with related material: programmes for performances of mainly his own music, floppy disks containing scores in music software, and annotated scores of music by Messiaen, Boulez and others, with related material, 1924-2000, n.d.
Extents: 4.48 Linear metres (32 boxes)
Dates: 1939-2000, n.d.
'Corpus Christi Cantata' for voices and orchestra by the Revd S. E. L. Spooner Lillingston, 1908.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 417
Extents: 268 pages
The Seven Last Words, by N. Osborne. Exercise submitted for the degree of B.Mus. at the University of Oxford
B.Mus. exercise: The Seven Last Words, by N. Osborne, 1970.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. Ex. a. 6
Extents: 30 pages
Sir Hubert Parry: 'Jerusalem', choral song for unison voices and orchestra, orchestrated by Sir Edward Elgar
Sir Hubert Parry's 'Jerusalem', choral song for unison voices and orchestra, in Elgar's orchestration, 1922.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. a. 3
Extents: 1 box
William Walton's 'The Twelve: anthem for the feast of any apostle', to words by W. H. Auden, [1965?]
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 402
Extents: 36 pages
- Indexed subjects
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 11
- Anthems 4
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 3
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with organ 3
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 3
- Motets 3
- Songs with piano 3
- 19th century 2
- Chamber music 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixes voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Masses (Mixed voices), Accompanied 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Songs with orchestra 2
- 18th century 1
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 -- Musical settings 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Musical settings 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Carols 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Men's voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 5 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Unison) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra 1
- Christmas music 1
- Church music -- Catholic Church 1
- Composers -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles 1
- Concert programs -- England 1
- Evening service music 1
- Flute and piano music 1
- Folk songs -- Ireland 1
- Folk songs -- Scotland 1
- Folk songs -- Spain 1
- Incidental music 1
- Masses, Unaccompanied 1
- Messiaen, Olivier, 1908-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Motion picture music 1
- Operas -- 20th century 1
- Orchestral music 1
- Orchestral music, Arranged 1
- Organ music, Arranged 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Piano music 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Piano music, Arranged 1
- Sacred vocal music -- 18th century 1
- String quartets 1
- Te Deum laudamus (Music) 1
- University of Oxford -- Examinations -- Music 1
- Vaughan, Henry, 1621-1695 -- Musical settings 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bissley | John Gordon | 1884-1975 | composer 1
- Bridges | Robert Seymour | 1844-1930 | Poet Laureate 1
- Darke | Harold Edwin | 1888-1976 | organist 1
- Elgar | Sir | Edward William | 1857-1934 | Baronet | composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Haydn | Johann Michael | 1737-1806 | Austrian organist and composer 1
- Howells | Herbert Norman | 1892-1983 | composer 1
- Johnson | Robert | Sherlaw | 1932-2000 | composer 1
- Kelly | Bryan | b 1934 | composer 1
- Lillingston | Septimus Ernest Luke Spooner | fl 1880-1921 | composer 1
- Mozart | Wolfgang Amadeus | 1756-1791 | Austrian composer 1
- Osborne | Nigel | b 1948 | composer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer, and musical writer 1
- Rubbra | Charles Edmund Duncan | 1901-1986 | pianist and composer 1
- Shaw | Martin Fallas | 1875-1958 | composer 1
- Shields | Robert Linton Alban | d. 1986 | priest and composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- Walton | Sir | William Turner | 1902-1983 | Knight | composer 1
- Émié | Louis | 1960-1967 | novelist and poet 1
- English 14
- Latin 3
- Multiple languages 1