Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Additional material from the archive of T.W. Bourne
Manuscripts of music by T.W. Bourne and others (chiefly Handel) in Bourne's hand, and related material.
Extents: 1.0 linear metre (6 boxes)
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.73
Extents: 68 pages
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Collection of music used at the church of St Johann Nepomuk in Vienna
A collection of vocal music (mainly in manuscript set of parts) performed at the church of St Johann Nepomuk in Vienna from the beginning of the 19th to the middle of the 20th century.
Extents: 3.0 linear metres (26 boxes)
Music collected and given by Herma Fiedler
Music collected by Herma Fiedler, 1843-1926, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 369
Extents: 31 Leaves
Dates: 1843, 1909, 1925-1926, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related material
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Music of Alfred Matthew Hale
Music manuscripts of Alfred Matthew Hale, 1897-1955.
Extents: 20.24 linear metres (184 physical shelfmarks)
Music of Percy Sherwood
Music composed by Percy Sherwood, with sketches and drafts, 1871-1938.
Extents: 2.86 linear metres (25 boxes)
Dates: 1871-1938, n.d.
Musical collections of Harry Ellis Wooldridge
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Extents: 14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Dates: 1892-1940, n.d.
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 44
Extents: 2 Leaves
Volume of psalmody consisting of hymns and anthems, presumably for use in a Welsh church or chapel
Volume of psalmody, 1841-c 1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Don. d. 196
Extents: 136 Leaves
Dates: 1841-c 1900
- Indexed subjects
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 5
- Incidental music 5
- Orchestral music 4
- 18th century 3
- Anthems 3
- Chamber music 3
- Organ music 3
- Piano music 3
- Songs with piano 3
- 17th century 2
- Hymn tunes 2
- Masses 2
- Motets 2
- Oratorios 2
- Songs, English 2
- Violin and piano music 2
- 16th century 1
- Ballets 1
- Canons, fugues, etc. 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cello and piano music 1
- Cello music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- England -- Oxford 1
- Composers -- France -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Concertos (Cello) 1
- Concertos (Piano) 1
- Concertos (Violin and cello) 1
- Evening service music 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Operas 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Part-songs, English 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Piano quintets 1
- Requiems 1
- Sacred vocal music -- 18th century 1
- Sonatas 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Suites 1
- Symphonies 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Gilbert | Sir | William Schwenck | 1836-1911 | Knight | dramatist 1
- Hale | Alfred Matthew | 1875-1960 | amateur composer and artist 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Haydn | Johann Michael | 1737-1806 | Austrian organist and composer 1
- Mozart | Wolfgang Amadeus | 1756-1791 | Austrian composer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 1
- Sherwood | Percy | 1866-1939 | composer and pianist 1
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | Knight | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- English 10
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1