Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
A composite volume of unrelated manuscript of instrumental music from the 2nd half of the 17th cent, including Italianate ensemble music from John Sherard's collection and organ music (partly autograph) by Thomas Tomkins.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 93
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 2nd half of the 17th cent.
Four part-books from a set of five, containing 5-part pavanes etc., by Thomas Tomkins, Alfonso Ferrabosco II and others, copied 1641-1642.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 415-418 (Former reference: Music School B. 4. 4-7)
Extents: 4 Volumes
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Communion service music 1
- Evening service music 1
- Morning service music 1
- Organ music 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1
- Sonatas (String septet, continuo) 1
- Sonatas (String trio, continuo) 1
- Sonatas (Viols (2)) 1
- Suites 1
- Indexed names
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | c 1575-1628 | composer and viol player 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Sherard | James | 1666-1738 |violinist and composer 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1