Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection of 127 songs, etc., copied by Edward Lowe, mid-17th cent. 'Cantus 2dus' part only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 238
Extents: 226 pages
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 1
- Chamber music 1
- Madrigals 1
- Motets 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Suites 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal trios with continuo 1
- Indexed names
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1
- Wilson | John | 1595-1674 | composer, lutenist and singer 1