Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
William Lawes: scores and parts of instrumental and vocal music in his own hand, 1st half of the 17th cent.
Extents: 6 physical shelfmarks (0.33 linear metres)
Dates: 1st half of the 17th cent.
Four part-books containing consort music in three and four parts, given to Edward Lowe by Theodore Colby and copied by an anonymous scribe, Matthew Hutton and Lowe himself, late 17th cent.
Extents: 0.12 Linear Metres (4 boxes)
Dates: late 17th cent.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Music-book with compositions for voice and lute at one end and keyboard music by Orlando Gibbons and music for lyra viol at the other
Music-book with compositions for voice and lute at one end and music by Orlando Gibbons and music for lyra viol at the other, mid-17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. f. 575 (Former shelfmark: Music School B. 3. 1)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Six part-books containing suites of airs for 3-4 viols and continuo, 1651-1669.
Extents: 0.30 Linear metres (6 boxes)
Two instrumental parts from a set of five, containing suites of airs and fantazias, 2nd half of 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. f. 568-569 (Former reference: Music School A. 3. 22-23)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 2nd half of 17th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th Century 1
- 17th century 5
- Anthems 1
- Chamber music 5
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Lyra viol music 1
- Madrigals 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Motets 1
- Songs with lute 1
- String quartets 1
- String trios 1
- Indexed names
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 4
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 2
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 2
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631-1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Brewer | Thomas | 1611-c 1660 | musician and composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Carwarden | John | d after 1660 | composer 1
- Coleman | Charles | d 1664 | musician and composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | c 1575-1628 | composer and viol player 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Hudson | George | d 1672/3 | composer and musician 1
- Hutton | Matthew | 1638-1711 | music copyist and viol player 1
- Ives | Simon | 1600-1662 | string player, singer and composer 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Lilly | John | 1612-1678 | composer and musician 1
- Lully | Jean-Baptiste | 1632-1687 | composer 1
- Rogers | Benjamin | 1613/14–1698 | organist and composer 1
- Rogers | Benjamin | 1614-1698 | organist and composer 1
- Rogers | Benjamin | d 1698 | organist and composer 1