Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
'Danse chantée (on an old Venetian theme of the 16th century)' by Albert Anthony Visetti, [c 1920?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 458
Extents: 31 pages
Archive of the composer Philip Cannon (1929-2016) containing predominantly his autograph music manuscripts.
Extents: 10.0 Linear metres (57 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1948-2018, n.d.
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Collection of 127 songs, etc., copied by Edward Lowe, mid-17th cent. 'Cantus 2dus' part only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 238
Extents: 226 pages
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Collection of 181 songs for 1-4 voices, with and without continuo, together with 2 instrumental pieces, copied c 1750-1761.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 48
Extents: 140 Leaves
Dates: c 1750-1761
Compositions of Robin Humphrey Milford.
Extents: 3.19 Linear metres (29 boxes)
Divisions and dance tunes with a copy of Christopher Simpson's The Division-Violist (London, 1659), mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: [Vet.] Mus. 184 c.8
Extents: 48 Leaves
Dates: mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
'The fairies', partsong by E. N. Greenwood with words by William Allingham, Mar 1920.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 390
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Mar 1920
Autograph score of Herbert Howells's 'The sailor's song', version for voices and string orchestra, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 578
Extents: 2 Leaves
Holograph copy of 'Hopeful heart should banish care', a song in A flat by M. W. Balfe, the words not given in full
Holograph copy of 'Hopeful heart should banish care', a song in A flat by M. W. Balfe, the words not given in full, 19th century
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 45
Extents: 18 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part)
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fol. 111
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 35
Extents: 1 box
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham. Most of the music consists of English, Italian and French songs and operatic arias, late seventeenth to early eighteenth century. Parts for one or two voices, bass line, and (rarely) other accompaniments are given in score. Some teaching notes are included.
Extents: 17 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham, late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Extents: 17 boxes (0.85 linear metres)
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
'Let the King reign. Choral march' by Percy Algernon Whitehead, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 459
Extents: 15 pages
Autograph score of 2 songs, 1 partsong, chants and arrangements/copies of hymn tunes by Sir Hugh Percy Allen, early 20th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 602
Extents: 17 Leaves
Dates: early 20th cent.
Songs and catches for one, two and three voices, sometimes with bassoon accompaniment, c 1800.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 34
Extents: 39 Leaves
Dates: c 1800
Songs, mainly for solo voice and chorus, with or without keyboard accompaniment, 1800-1803.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 19
Extents: 92 pages
- Indexed subjects
- Part songs, English 12
- 20th century 11
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 10
- 19th century 8
- Songs with piano 8
- 18th century 7
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 7
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 6
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 6
- Songs, English 6
- 17th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 4
- Operas 3
- Oratorios 3
- Orchestral music 3
- Part-songs, English 3
- Piano music 3
- Songs, Italian 3
- Ballets 2
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Incidental music 2
- Piano music (4 hands) 2
- Songs with orchestra 2
- Songs, French 2
- Songs, Unaccompanied 2
- 21st century 1
- Allingham, William, 1824-1889 -- Musical settings 1
- Anthems 1
- Aveling, Claude, 1869-1943 -- Musical settings 1
- Bount family -- Library 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Carols, English 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with piano 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Unison) with string orchestra 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Composers, Irish 1
- Concertos (Violin) 1
- Dance music 1
- Dance music -- England 1
- Dance music -- Ireland 1
- Dance music -- Scotland 1
- Double bass music 1
- Drinking songs 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Harp music 1
- Herbert, George, 1593-1633 -- Musical settings 1
- Hunting songs 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Masses 1
- Motets 1
- Music, English 1
- Music, French 1
- Music, Italian 1
- National songs -- Great Britain 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Piano trios 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Quintets (Clarinet, violins (2), viola, cello) 1
- Raleigh, Walter, 1586-1646 -- Musical settings 1
- Requiems 1
- Sea songs 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2) 1
- Songs with bassoon 1
- Songs with continuo 1
- String quartets 1
- String sextets (Violins (2), violas (2), cellos (2)) 1
- Suites 1
- Symphonies 1
- Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, Baron, 1809-1892 -- Musical settings 1
- Variations (Viol) 1
- Viol music 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal trios with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Allen | Sir | Hugh Percy | 1869-1946 | Knight | musician 1
- Arne | Thomas Augustine | 1710-1778 | composer 1
- Balfe | Michael William | 1808-1870 | Irish composer 1
- Blount | family | Mapledurham 1
- Cannon | (Jack) Philip | 1929-2016 | composer 1
- Carey | Henry | 1687-1743 | composer and librettist 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Greenwood | E N | fl 1920 | composer 1
- Howells | Herbert Norman | 1892-1983 | composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Jones | Robert | c 1577–1617 | lutenist and composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- L’Estrange | Roger | 1616-1704 | viol player 1
- Milford | Robin Humphrey | 1903-1959 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Schickhardt | Johann Christian | c 1681-1762 | composer and instrumentalist 1
- Visetti | Albert Anthony | 1846-1928 | musician 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1