Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Arrangements by Richard Buchmayer (1856-1934) of 17th- and 18th-cent. music, and papers belonging to him, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 401
Extents: 251 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
'A Booke of Psalme Tunes with directions by the Rull how to sing them...', [c 1700].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 38
Extents: 33 Leaves
Dates: [c 1700]
Collection of 127 songs, etc., copied by Edward Lowe, mid-17th cent. 'Cantus 2dus' part only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 238
Extents: 226 pages
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi. English copy in the hand of Sampson Estwick, [1690s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 590
Extents: 207 Leaves
Divisions and dance tunes with a copy of Christopher Simpson's The Division-Violist (London, 1659), mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: [Vet.] Mus. 184 c.8
Extents: 48 Leaves
Dates: mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
Fragment from a work on musical theory concerning composition for four voices, 2nd half of 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 106-110
Extents: 5 Leaves
G. B. Bassani: Organ part only (figured bass) of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683)
Figured bass part for organ of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683), copied in late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.372
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Jean-Baptiste Lully: 'Alceste, tragedie mise en musique' [LWV 50], [1680s?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 31
Extents: 149 Leaves
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part)
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fol. 111
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Vocal music by Giacomo Carissimi, Henry Purcell and John Blow, [1690s], 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 437
Extents: 208 pages
Dates: [1690s], 18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 12
- 18th century 8
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 8
- Motets 5
- 19th century 3
- Anthems 3
- Cantatas, Sacred 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 3
- Masses 2
- Operas 2
- Part songs, English 2
- Songs, English 2
- Vocal duets with continuo 2
- 20th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) 1
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Accompanied 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Composition (Music) -- Instruction and study -- Early works to 1800 1
- Concert programs -- Germany 1
- Dance music 1
- Evening service music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts --17th century 1
- Music theory -- Early works to 1800 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Piano music, arranged 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Quartets (Violins (2), cello, continuo) 1
- Sonatas (Violin and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Trio sonatas (Violins (2), continuo) 1
- Variations (Viol) 1
- Viol music 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal trios with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 2
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Buchmayer | Richard | 1856-1934 | German pianist and musicologist 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 2
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | organist and composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Jones | Robert | c 1577–1617 | lutenist and composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- Lully | Jean-Baptiste | 1632-1687 | composer 1
- L’Estrange | Roger | 1616-1704 | viol player 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Schickhardt | Johann Christian | c 1681-1762 | composer and instrumentalist 1
- Wilson | John | 1595-1674 | composer, lutenist and singer 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- English 9
- French 2
- German 1
- Italian 3
- Latin 2