Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
William Croft: anthem, 'Praise God in his Sanctuary' (Psalm 150). Autograph manuscript, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fols. 32-41
Extents: 10 Leaves
William Croft: 'The Lord hath appeared for us'. Autograph manuscript, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fol. 31
Extents: 1 leaf
Autograph music manuscripts of Bryan Kelly, 1998-1999.
Extents: 0.45 linear metres (3 boxes)
Autograph score of Edmund Rubbra's 'The revival', motet for unaccompanied SATB chorus, to words by Henry Vaughan, op. 58, 17 Aug 1944.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 568
Extents: 12 pages
Dates: 17 Aug 1944
Op. 31, verses from Psalm CXIII [sic] set to music by F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 223
Extents: 43 Leaves
Dates: early 19th cent.
Three sacred works by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina in English copies, c 1840.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 384
Extents: 61 Leaves
Dates: c 1840
Harold Edwin Darke: 'Motet, Blessed is the man that endureth temptation. For four-part chorus' (SATB unaccompanied)
Autograph score of Harold Edwin Darke's 'Blessed is the man that endureth temptation', for unaccompanied SATB chorus, 6-8 Sep 1916.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 596
Extents: 16 pages
Dates: 6-8 Sep 1916
John Gordon Bissley: 'Content thyself with patience'. 'Anthem for general use, or at a memorial service'
'Content thyself with patience', anthem for SATB chorus and organ by John Gordon Bissley, c 1920.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 612
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: c 1920
Full score of Die letzten Dinge by Louis Spohr [WoO 61] in the English translation of Edward Taylor, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 591
Extents: 248 pages
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Autograph ink score of Magnificat and Nunc dimittis by [Robert Seymour ?] Bridges, with separate voice parts in various hands, undated, [c 1900?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 387
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1900?]
Manuscript additions to a printed score, late-18th/early-19th-cent.
Shelfmark: Mus. 32 d. 236
Extents: 117 pages
Dates: 1770-19th century
Manuscript copy of Missa Gabriel Archangelus by Giovanni da Palestrina and The lamentations of Jeremiah by Thomas Tallis, most likely transcribed by Henry Needler
Manuscript copy of Missa Gabriel Archangelus by Giovanni da Palestrina and The lamentations of Jeremiah
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.706
Extents: 1 volume
Dates: ca. 1720
Score of Martin Fallas Shaw's 'Te Deum in C' for SATB and organ, [1901-1910].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 614
Extents: 8 Leaves
'Messa di Giuseppe Haÿden in C dur' (i.e. Missa Cellensis [Hob. XXII:5] by Franz Joseph Haydn), early 19th-cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 593
Extents: 165 Leaves
Dates: early 19th cent.
Organ part for the B minor Mass by Johann Sebastian Bach, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 588
Extents: 80 pages
Dates: mid-19th cent.
'Preces and Responses [followed by the Litany] written for the funeral obsequies of the Duke of Wellington in 1852', by Sir Robert Prescott Stewart
'Preces and Responses [followed by the Litany] written for the funeral obsequies of the Duke of Wellington in 1852', by Sir Robert Prescott Stewart, 7-8 Dec 1893.
Shelfmark: Mus. 32 c. 143 (10)
Extents: 11 pages
Dates: 7-8 Dec 1893
Collection of psalm and hymn tunes set for SATB chorus in open score, 1841.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 54
Extents: 51 Leaves
The Seven Last Words, by N. Osborne. Exercise submitted for the degree of B.Mus. at the University of Oxford
B.Mus. exercise: The Seven Last Words, by N. Osborne, 1970.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. Ex. a. 6
Extents: 30 pages
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 8
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 8
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 8
- 20th century 7
- Anthems 7
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 7
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with organ 6
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 6
- 18th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 5
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 3
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra 3
- Evening service music 2
- Masses 2
- Motets 2
- Psalms (Music) 2
- 16th century 1
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra -- Parts 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 5 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 8 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra 1
- Composers -- Italy -- Manuscripts 1
- Flute and piano music 1
- Hymns, English 1
- Lamentations of Jeremiah (Music) 1
- Litanies 1
- Masses -- Scores 1
- Masses, Unaccompanied 1
- Morning service music 1
- Oratorios -- Scores 1
- Psalms (Music) -- 115th Psalm 1
- Psalms (Music) -- 150th Psalm 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Te Deum laudamus (Music) 1
- University of Oxford -- Examinations -- Music 1
- Vaughan, Henry, 1621-1695 -- Musical settings 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | organist and composer 2
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 2
- Bach | Johann Sebastian | 1685-1750 | German organist, composer and Master Contrapuntist 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix | Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bissley | John Gordon | 1884-1975 | composer 1
- Bridges | Robert Seymour | 1844-1930 | Poet Laureate 1
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Darke | Harold Edwin | 1888-1976 | organist 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Kelly | Bryan | b 1934 | composer 1
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Needler | Henry | 1685-1760 | musician and music transcriber 1
- Osborne | Nigel | b 1948 | composer 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Reynolds | Sir | John Russell | 1828-1896 | Knight | physician 1
- Rubbra | Charles Edmund Duncan | 1901-1986 | pianist and composer 1
- Shaw | Martin Fallas | 1875-1958 | composer 1
- Spohr | Louis | 1784-1859 | composer 1
- Stewart | Sir | Robert Prescott | 1825-1894 | organist, conductor and composer 1