Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Anthem, words from Ps. cxiv, etc. ('When Israel came out of Egypt'), music by William Horsley.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. Ex. d. 62
Extents: 94 pages
Dates: June 18, 1800
Papers of the Horsley family, 18th to 20th cent., including papers of the musician William Horsley (1774-1858), and papers of the artists John Callcott Horsley (1817-1903), and Rosamund Horsley (1864-1949), son and daughter of William Horsley.
Extents: 291 shelfmarks (32.01)
Dates: 19th-20th cent.
Twenty letters from Mendelssohn to members of the Horsley family, and several pieces of autograph music, including an arrangement for a piano duet of the 'Overture to the Isles of Fingal'.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 1
- Art, British -- 19th Century 1
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 1
- University of Oxford -- Examinations -- Music 1
- Indexed names
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix | Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Brunel | Mary | 1813-1881 | nee Horsley 1
- Gotch | Rosamund Brunel | 1864-1949 | nee Horsley | artist | designer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | Elizabeth Hutchins | 1793-1875 | nee Callcott 1
- Horsley | John Callcott | 1817-1903 | painter | Royal Academician 1
- Horsley | Sophia Hutchins | 1819-1894 1
- Thompson | Frances Arabella | 1815-1849 | nee Horsley 1