Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson, [1720s-1730s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 9
Extents: 312 pages
Score of Giovanni Battista Bassani's Op. 8, 'Metri Sacri Resi Armonici', early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 207
Extents: 80 Leaves
Dates: early 18th cent.
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 3
- Cantatas, Sacred 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- 16th century 1
- 20th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Women's voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Madrigals, Italian 1
- Masses 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Sacred songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sacred songs (Low voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs, English 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- English 3
- Latin 2