Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of 11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, in score, c 1815.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 595
Extents: 52 Leaves
Dates: c 1815
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Three sacred works by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina in English copies, c 1840.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 384
Extents: 61 Leaves
Dates: c 1840
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 3
- 17th century 3
- 18th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 8 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Masses 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 2
- Indexed names
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1
- English 3
- Italian 1
- Multiple languages 1