Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Arrangements by Richard Buchmayer (1856-1934) of 17th- and 18th-cent. music, and papers belonging to him, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 401
Extents: 251 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Collection of Italian sacred music of the late-17th or early-18th century in full score, 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 594
Extents: 97 Leaves
Dates: 18th cent.
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 5
- 19th century 3
- Cantatas, Sacred 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 3
- 16th century 2
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- 20th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Concert programs -- Germany 1
- Evening service music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Masses 1
- Masses -- Excerpts 1
- Morning 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Piano music, arranged 1
- Sonatas (Violin and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Songs, English 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Buchmayer | Richard | 1856-1934 | German pianist and musicologist 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Melani | Alessandro | 1639-1703 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 2
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1
- English 3
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 3
- Latin 3