Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Latin, Italian and English vocal music copied by Edward Lowe in a book bound for G. S. (initials on covers)
Latin, Italian and English vocal music copied by Edward Lowe in a book bound for G. S. (initials on covers) [Giovanni Sebenico?], 2nd half of the 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 11
Extents: 202 pages
Dates: 2nd half of the 17th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Madrigals 1
- Madrigals, Italian 1
- Suites 1
- Indexed names
- Albrici | Bartolomeo | c 1635-1688 | keyboard player and composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | composer and organist 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | 1543-1588 | composer 1
- Jeffreys | George | c 1610-1685 | composer, music copyist and organist 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Lanier | Nicholas | 1588-1666 | composer, singer, lutenist and artist 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Rovetta | Giovanni | 1595-1668 | instrumentalist, composer and singer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1