Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Copies of church music by Benjamin Rogers made by Philip Hayes 'many of them written from his own manuscripts' (p. v), some of them in 1755, 1777 or 1778.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.96
Extents: 204 pages
Dates: 1755, 1777 or 1778
Church music in score collected by Charles Badham, Minor Canon of St Paul's Cathedral, London, 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
Extents: 0.44 Linear metres (4 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Extents: 14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Dates: 1892-1940, n.d.
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 17th century 3
- 19th century 3
- 20th century 1
- Anthems 4
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Composers, English 1
- Incidental music 1
- Masses 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 4
- Motets 2
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Indexed names
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music 1
- Badham | Charles | 1780-1845 | Medical and Poetical Writer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1