Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
A copy of Christopher Simpson's Chelys, 2nd ed. (1667), with additional music in manuscript, Mar 1672-Sep 1678, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 71
Extents: 1 volume
Dates: Mar 1672-Sep 1678, n.d.
Fantazia suites by Christopher Gibbons and Pavane suites by Thomas Baltazar, all for 2 violins and a bass with organ, 1659, 1662, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 102a-b
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 1659, 1662, n.d.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Christopher Gibbons: movements from consort suites in D minor, for two trebles and bass with organ, [c 1660-1670].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 53
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1660-1670]
Parts for eleven of the twelve sonatas by Johann Rosenmüller, published as 12 Sonate à 2, 3, 4 e 5 stromenti da arco e altri & Basso cont. (1682), [date].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 248
Extents: 56 Leaves
Dates: Late 17th cent.
Transcriptions of music of the 15th-18th century (mostly of the 16th-17th cent.), made largely in the early-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 623
Extents: 236 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 18th century 1
- 19th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Madrigals 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Sonatas 1
- Suites 2
- Suites -- Excerpts 1
- Variations (Viol) 1
- Variations (Viols) 1
- Vocal music 1
- x - 15th century 1
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631–1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Butler | Henry | d 1652 | composer and viol player 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Gibbons | Christopher | 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Gibbons | Christopher | bap 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 2
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- Noble | William | 1649/50-1681 | viol player 1
- Norcombe | Daniel | ? 1576-1653) | composer and instrumentalist 1
- Poole | Anthony | fl c 1670–1690) | composer 1
- Rosenmüller | Johann | c 1619-1684 | composer, trombonist, organist and teacher 1
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1
- Withy | Francis | c 1645-1727 | cathedral singer, string player, music copyist, teacher and composer 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1