Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Fifty-six musical pieces, about half of which are Latin anthems, and the rest Italian airs or songs.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. C. 45-50
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Written in the second half of the 17th cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part)
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fol. 111
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing.
Music for bass viols and other instruments, early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 249 (Former reference: Music School B. 4. 9 (Quarto A. 2-29, 31-32, 36))
Extents: 1 box
Dates: early 18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 17th century 3
- 18th century 2
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Part songs, English 1
- Sonatas 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Suites 1
- Viola da gamba music 1
- Indexed names
- Buxtehude | Dieterich | c 1637-1707 | composer and organist 1
- Finger | Gottfried | c 1660-1730 | viol player and composer 1
- Jones | Robert | c 1577–1617 | lutenist and composer 1
- King | William | c 1624-1680 | organist and composer 1
- Legrenzi | Giovanni | 1626-1690 | composer and organist 1
- Marenzio | Luca | 1553/4-1599 | composer 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Schenck | Johannes | 1660-1710 | composer and viol player 1
- Sherard | James | 1666-1738 | apothecary, botanist and amateur musician 1
- Tenaglia | Antonio Francesco | c 1612/20-1672 | composer, keyboard player and lutenist 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Ward | John | c 1589-1638 | composer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1
- Italian 2
- Latin 2