Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Gwyn Macfarlane's research for his biography of the bacteriologist and discoverer of penicillin, Alexander Fleming, published as Alexander Fleming: The Man and the Myth (Oxford University Press, 1985).
Extents: 1.0 Linear metres (6 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c. 1909-1986
'Memoranda regarding The Regius Professors of Physick & The Readers in Anatomy in the University of Oxford / With the Additions made by Rev. John Gutch, Editor of Wood's History & Annals'
'Memoranda regarding The Regius Professors of Physick & The Readers in Anatomy in the University of Oxford / With the Additions made by Rev. John Gutch, Editor of Wood's History & Annals'.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. d. 4073
Extents: 30 Leaves
Oral history interviews conducted with 21 scientists, administrators and technicians associated with the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology at the University of Oxford.
Extents: 21 items (21 digital shelfmarks)
- Indexed subjects: Medicine -- England -- Oxford -- History X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 1
- 20th century 2
- 21st century 1
- Medicine -- History 1
- Penicillin -- History 1
- Science 1
- Science -- History -- 20th century 1
- Science -- History -- 21st century 1
- Women scientists 1
- Indexed names
- Chain | Sir | Ernst Boris | 1906-1979 | Knight | biochemist 1
- Fleming | Sir | Alexander | 1881-1955 | Knight | bacteriologist and discoverer of penicillin 1
- Florey | Harold Walter | 1898-1968 | Baron Florey | experimental pathologist and bacteriologist 1
- Gutch | John | 1746-1831 | clergyman, antiquary, Registrar of Oxford University 1
- Heatley | Norman George | 1911-2004 | biochemist 1
- Hodgkin | Dorothy Mary Crowfoot | 1910-1994 | nee Crowfoot | chemist 1
- Macfarlane | (Robert) Gwyn | 1907-1987 | clinical pathologist and haematologist 1
- University of Oxford | Sir William Dunn School of Pathology x Dunn School 1