Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstracts of medieval charters and drawings of seals by Sir Frederic Madden
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. c. 128
Extents: 32 Leaves
Thomas Barlow's manuscripts collection.
Extents: 6.05 Linear metres (55 boxes)
Dates: 10th-17th century
Calendars of deeds and transcript of fragmentary medieval exempla by Alexander Hamilton Thompson.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. misc. e. 126
Extents: 1 item
Dates: n.d. [c.1900-1950]
Manuscripts collected by John Fell.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (17 boxes)
Dates: 12th-17th century
Incomplete draft of a catalogue by Hermann Kantorowicz of medieval canon and civil law manuscripts in the Bodleian Library
Incomplete draft of a catalogue by Hermann Kantorowicz of medieval canon and civil law manuscripts in the Bodleian Library, 1938-1939.
Shelfmark: R. 16. 154 (Former reference: MS. Lat. misc. d. 71)
Extents: 139 Leaves
Manuscripts, mainly medieval, collected by Lyell, arranged in the following categories: British Isles France Germany and Austria Italy Netherlands Portugal Spain Greek Hebrew Arabic Lyell empt.
Extents: 169 shelfmarks
Dates: 11th-20th cent.
Microfilms and reproductions mostly of medieval and renaissance manuscripts of Latin classical texts, collected by Dr Michael Winterbottom, consisting of: Quintilian, Institutio oratoria - see M. Winterbottom's edition, Oxford Classical Texts, 2 vols., 1970, and his articles, 'Fifteeth-century manuscripts of Quintilian' in The Classical Quarterly, N.S. 17…
Extents: 44 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Microfilms of the Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts held by St. John's College.
Extents: 75 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
P. J. Horner, 'An edition of five medieval sermons from MS. Laud misc. 706', typescript Ph.D. dissertation, State University of New York at Albany
P. J. Horner, 'An edition of five medieval sermons from MS. Laud misc. 706', typescript Ph.D. dissertation, State University of New York at Albany, 1975.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. d. 64
Extents: 342 Leaves
Papers of James Patrick Ronaldson Lyell (1871-1948), collector.
Extents: 13.85 Linear metres (19 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1916-1946, n.d.
Black-and-white photographs of medieval manuscripts, arranged alphabetically by library, made from P. Liebaert's negatives.
Extents: 8 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th century
Two pages of MS. Thott fol. 239 in the Royal Library at Copenhagen photographed in 1909
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. liturg. c. 2
Extents: 1 box
Typed transcript, by C. R. Cheney, of medieval charters at Wadham College, Oxford, relating to the manor of Mountpillers in Writtle
Typed transcript, by C. R. Cheney, of medieval charters at Wadham College, Oxford, relating to the manor of Mountpillers in Writtle, 20th century.
Shelfmark: R. Top. 708 (Former reference: MS. Top. Essex d. 11)
Extents: 326 Leaves
Dates: 20th century
Typed transcript by Robert Steele, of Cambridge University Library MS. Ii. vi. 5, fols. 85v-8 (13th century), 'De sompno et vigilia' ascribed to Roger Bacon
Typed transcript by Robert Steele, of Cambridge University Library MS. Ii. vi. 5, fols. 85v-8 (13th century), 'De sompno et vigilia' ascribed to Roger Bacon.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. misc. d. 72
Extents: 22 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at the time of cataloguing
Typescript calendar compiled by H. M. Walton, c.1935, of post-medieval deeds of Magdalen College.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 668
Extents: 635 Leaves
Typescript (carbon copy) of a lecture by Neil Ripley Ker on 'The Manuscripts of James P. R. Lyell' delivered at the Ashmolean Museum, in accordance with the terms of Lyell's will, as the first Lyell lecture by the first James P. R. Lyell Reader in Bibliography at Oxford University
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2013
Extents: 14 Leaves
Dates: 29 Jan. 1953
Anthony À Wood's manuscript collection.
Extents: 18.48 Linear metres (168 boxes)
Dates: 11th-17th century
- Indexed subjects: Manuscripts -- Medieval X
- Indexed subjects
- Manuscripts, Medieval 13
- 20th century 12
- Manuscripts -- Medieval 4
- 16th century 3
- 17th century 3
- x - 12th century 3
- x - 13th century 3
- x - 14th century 3
- x - 15th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Calendar 2
- Manuscripts, Renaissance 2
- Oxford (England) 2
- x - 11th century 2
- 18th century 1
- Allington | Lincolnshire | SK 8540 1
- Berkshire (England) 1
- Bibliography 1
- Bodleian Library 1
- Bodleian Library -- Catalogs 1
- Book collectors 1
- Buckinghamshire (England) 1
- Cambridge | Cambridgeshire | TL 4558 1
- Charters 1
- Classical literature 1
- Deeds -- England 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Genealogy 1
- Heraldry 1
- Law 1
- Libraries 1
- Manuscripts -- Catalogs 1
- Manuscripts, English (Middle) 1
- Manuscripts, Greek 1
- Philosophy 1
- Religion 1
- Saints 1
- x - 10th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Lyell | James Patrick Ronaldson | 1871-1948 | book and manuscript collector 2
- Abbo of Fleury | ? 945-1004 | French monk 1
- Bacon | Roger | ? 1214-1294 | philosopher 1
- Barlow | Thomas | 1607-1691 | Bishop of Lincoln 1
- Cheney | Christopher Robert | 1906-1987 | historian 1
- Cornelius Tacitus | Publius or Gaius | 56-? 120 | Latin teacher and writer 1
- Denmark | Royal Library 1
- Fabius Quintilianus | Marcus | 35-? 96 | Roman rhetorician 1
- Fell | John | 1625-1686 | Bishop of Oxford 1
- Fleury | Abbo of | ? 945-1004 | see Abbo of Fleury 1
- Horner | Br. | Patrick J. | fl. 1975-... | Professor of English at Manhattan College 1
- Kantorowicz | Hermann | 1877-1940 | jurist and professor 1
- Ker | Neil Ripley | 1908-1982 | Palaeographer, bibliographer 1
- Langbaine | Gerard | 1609-1658 | Provost of Queen's College Oxford, Royalist Pamphleteer and Archivist 1
- Liebaert | Paul | d 1915 1
- Madden | Sir | Frederic | 1801-1873 | Knight | Antiquary and palaeographer 1
- Quintilian | 35-? 96 | see Fabius Quintilianus, Marcus 1
- Steele | Robert | 1860-1944 | of Cambridge University | librarian, medievalist, philologist 1
- Tacitus | 56-? 120 | see Cornelius Tacitus, Publius or Gaius 1
- Thompson | Alexander Hamilton | 1873-1952 | historian 1
- University of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford | Magdalen College 1
- University of Oxford | St. John's College 1
- University of Oxford | Wadham College 1
- Walton | Hugh Mercsy | fl. 1935-1974 | antiquary 1
- Winterbottom | Michael | b 1934 | Corpus Christi Professor of Latin 1
- Wood | Anthony | 1632-1695 | Antiquary 1 ∧ less
- Arabic 1
- English 12
- English, Middle (1100-1500) 1
- French 2
- German 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 4
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 2
- Latin 10
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1