Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Manuscripts, mainly medieval, collected by Lyell, arranged in the following categories: British Isles France Germany and Austria Italy Netherlands Portugal Spain Greek Hebrew Arabic Lyell empt.
Extents: 169 shelfmarks
Dates: 11th-20th cent.
Microfilms and reproductions mostly of medieval and renaissance manuscripts of Latin classical texts, collected by Dr Michael Winterbottom, consisting of: Quintilian, Institutio oratoria - see M. Winterbottom's edition, Oxford Classical Texts, 2 vols., 1970, and his articles, 'Fifteeth-century manuscripts of Quintilian' in The Classical Quarterly, N.S. 17…
Extents: 44 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Microfilms of the Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts held by St. John's College.
Extents: 75 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
P. J. Horner, 'An edition of five medieval sermons from MS. Laud misc. 706', typescript Ph.D. dissertation, State University of New York at Albany
P. J. Horner, 'An edition of five medieval sermons from MS. Laud misc. 706', typescript Ph.D. dissertation, State University of New York at Albany, 1975.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. d. 64
Extents: 342 Leaves
Papers of James Patrick Ronaldson Lyell (1871-1948), collector.
Extents: 13.85 Linear metres (19 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1916-1946, n.d.
Black-and-white photographs of medieval manuscripts, arranged alphabetically by library, made from P. Liebaert's negatives.
Extents: 8 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th century
Two pages of MS. Thott fol. 239 in the Royal Library at Copenhagen photographed in 1909
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. liturg. c. 2
Extents: 1 box
Typescript calendar compiled by H. M. Walton, c.1935, of post-medieval deeds of Magdalen College.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 668
Extents: 635 Leaves
Typescript (carbon copy) of a lecture by Neil Ripley Ker on 'The Manuscripts of James P. R. Lyell' delivered at the Ashmolean Museum, in accordance with the terms of Lyell's will, as the first Lyell lecture by the first James P. R. Lyell Reader in Bibliography at Oxford University
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2013
Extents: 14 Leaves
Dates: 29 Jan. 1953
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 17th century 1
- 18th century 1
- 19th century 1
- Bibliography 1
- Bodleian Library 1
- Book collectors 1
- Calendar 2
- Classical literature 1
- Deeds -- England 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Manuscripts -- Medieval 2
- Manuscripts, Medieval 7
- Manuscripts, Renaissance 2
- Oxford (England) 1
- x - 11th century 1
- x - 12th century 1
- x - 13th century 1
- x - 14th century 1
- x - 15th century 1
- Indexed names
- Abbo of Fleury | ? 945-1004 | French monk 1
- Cornelius Tacitus | Publius or Gaius | 56-? 120 | Latin teacher and writer 1
- Denmark | Royal Library 1
- Fabius Quintilianus | Marcus | 35-? 96 | Roman rhetorician 1
- Fleury | Abbo of | ? 945-1004 | see Abbo of Fleury 1
- Horner | Br. | Patrick J. | fl. 1975-... | Professor of English at Manhattan College 1
- Ker | Neil Ripley | 1908-1982 | Palaeographer, bibliographer 1
- Liebaert | Paul | d 1915 1
- Lyell | James Patrick Ronaldson | 1871-1948 | book and manuscript collector 2
- Quintilian | 35-? 96 | see Fabius Quintilianus, Marcus 1
- Tacitus | 56-? 120 | see Cornelius Tacitus, Publius or Gaius 1
- University of Oxford | Magdalen College 1
- University of Oxford | St. John's College 1
- Walton | Hugh Mercsy | fl. 1935-1974 | antiquary 1
- Winterbottom | Michael | b 1934 | Corpus Christi Professor of Latin 1
- Arabic 1
- English 7
- French 1
- German 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 2
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 4
- Portuguese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1