Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Cyclostyled typescripts of four 20th-cent. plays, possibly performed by the Meadow Players at Oxford Playhouse
Cyclostyled typescripts of four 20th-cent. plays, possibly performed by the Meadow Players at Oxford Playhouse.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6058
Extents: 281 Leaves
Dates: 20th century
A draft of Max Beerbohm’s account of his first meetings with H.B. Irving, elder son of Sir Henry Irving, together with two colotype prints of Beerbohm cartoons depicting H.B. Irving.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. b. 2173
Extents: 1 box
Letter from John Galsworthy to a theatre group in Bradford.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8394, fol. 54
Extents: 1 leaf
Correspondence of Charles Williams, author (1886-1945), with Phyllis M. Potter, and other literary papers.
Extents: 0.3 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Literary papers and correspondence by and relating to Charles Williams, author (1886-1945).
Extents: 1.05 Linear metres (8 boxes)
Correspondence and papers of Natasha Spender, concert pianist, academic, writer, and wife of the British poet Stephen Spender.
Extents: 27.0 Linear metres (180 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c. 1800-2011, n.d.
Papers relating to the administration of the literary estate of the poet and playwright Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).
Extents: 1.35 Linear metres (9 physical shelfmarks)
Photographs relating to the Shelley Family, late 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. 21174 Photogr. 1
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 1871-20th century; Majority of material found within 1871-late 19th century
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 7
- English literature -- 20th century 5
- Theater -- England 5
- Literature 4
- Theater 4
- 19th century 2
- Correspondence 2
- English literature 2
- English literature -- 19th century 2
- English poetry -- 20th century 2
- Literary criticism 2
- 21st century 1
- Acting 1
- Authors 1
- Authors -- 19th century 1
- Gardens 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Literature -- 20th century 1
- Music 1
- Obituaries 1
- Indexed names
- Williams | Charles | 1886-1945 | author 2
- Beerbohm | Sir | Henry Maximilian | 1872-1956 | Knight | author and cartoonist 1
- Galsworthy | John | 1867-1933 | novelist and playwright 1
- Holland | Vyvyan Beresford | 1886-1967 | author and translator 1
- Irving | Henry Brodribb | 1870-1919 | actor-manager 1
- Oxford Playhouse | Oxford 1
- Ross | Robert Baldwin | 1869-1918 | journalist and editor 1
- Shelley | Jane | 1820-1899 | née Gibson | wife of Sir Percy Florence Shelley 1
- Shelley | Sir | Percy Florence | 1819-1889 | 3rd Baronet of Castle Goring | son of Percy Bysshe Shelley and Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley 1
- Spender | Natasha | 1919-2010 | née Litvin | concert pianist 1
- Spender | Sir | Stephen Harold | 1909-1995 | Knight | poet 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Wilde | Oscar O'Flahertie Wills | 1856-1900 | author 1