Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Account by Lieut. de Lacvivier, 'Faits historiques du siège de Roma 1849. Campagne du 25ème Léger. Souvenir d'amitié à Mr. Baily'
Account by Lieut. de Lacvivier, 'Faits historiques du siège de Roma 1849. Campagne du 25ème Léger. Souvenir d'amitié à Mr. Baily'.
Shelfmark: MS. French c. 14
Extents: 86 pages
Dates: 19th century
Papers, mainly exercise notebooks containing notes for lectures, of Henry William Carless Davis (1874-1928), Regius Professor of Modern History at Oxford University.
Extents: 5.0 Linear metres (50 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [1901-1922], n.d.
Album of genealogical tables of ruling families of Europe and the Middle East compiled by Reginald Edgar Berkeley Maxse
Album of genealogical tables of ruling families of Europe and the Middle East compiled by Reginald Edgar Berkeley Maxse, c. 1935.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. a. 10
Extents: 172 Leaves
Dates: c. 1935
Papers of George John Romanes, 1867-93, mainly relating to his work in evolutionary biology. Also includes papers of his wife, Ethel Romanes, 1882-1927.
Extents: 0.75 Linear metres (5 physical shelfmarks)
Archive of Henry William Carless Davis (1874-1928).
Extents: 5.21 Linear metres (91 boxes)
Dates: 19th-20th century
Archive of Reginald Vivian Lennard (1885-1967).
Extents: 4.10 Linear metres (66 boxess)
Dates: 20th century
Correspondence and papers of the historian, Sir Frederick Maurice Powicke, mainly relating to his academic work.
Extents: 6.8 Linear metres (41 physical shelfmarks)
Contemporary copies of correspondence of the French representatives at the Congress of Münster, 1644.
Shelfmark: MS. French c. 34
Extents: 158 Leaves
Copies of letters addressed to the Secretary at War by E. J. A. Woodford
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 13
Extents: 187 Leaves
Dates: Written in 1794-1795
Description of Cyprus for military purposes, with an introductory letter from Francesco Marcaldi to Cardinal Lomellini.
Shelfmark: MS. Ital. e. 11
Extents: 41 Leaves
A general history of Europe, from the time of Julius Caesar to the beginning of the 16th century, written in about A.D. 1520 m North Italy.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. D. 1
Extents: 240 Leaves
Dates: written in about A.D. 1520 in North Italy
Letter-book containing copies of letters from Cardinal Jules Alberoni to James Butler, 2nd Duke of Ormonde, concerning a proposed French invasion of Scotland
Letter-book containing copies of letters from Cardinal Jules Alberoni to James Butler, 2nd Duke of Ormonde, Dec. 1718-Nov. 1719, concerning a proposed French invasion of Scotland.
Shelfmark: MS. French e. 20
Extents: 140 pages
Dates: Dec. 1718-Nov.1719
Mémoire sur les places de la province d'Alsace par Mr. Baudoin [L. A. Baudoin du Pas] maréchal de camps, directeur des fortifications de cette province', first half of 18th century
Mémoire sur les places de la province d'Alsace par Mr. Baudoin [L. A. Baudoin du Pas] maréchal de camps, directeur des fortifications de cette province', first half of 18th century.
Shelfmark: MS. French c. 22
Extents: 20 Leaves
Dates: 18th century
Notes on the history of Europe in the Middle Ages in Latin and shorthand, made by Sir Dudley Ryder.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. hist. e. 4
Extents: 219 Leaves
Dates: early 18th century
Papers, 1762-1783, relating to the proposed invasion of England by the French in 1778.
Shelfmark: MS. French c. 21
Extents: 44 Leaves
Modern history lecture notes, reading lists and notes, and essays of Murray Edward Gordon Finch-Hatton as an undergraduate of Balliol College. The collection includes papers relating to English history, European history, and political economy.
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Modern history reading notes and essays of Richard de la Mare as an undergraduate.
Extents: 7 shelfmarks
Diaries as Military Adviser, Colonial Office, concerning India, Mauritius, East Africa and Palestine, 1899-1965; with index and ten volumes of intelligence reports, despatches and memoranda, 1902-1924, four ornithological note books, 1891-1895, and photographic material. The diaries contain references to personal acquaintances and members of the Meinertzhagen family, as well as ornithology and botany, aviation [1911-1940s], Winston Churchill [1921-1945], Colonial Office [1920s], War…
Extents: 76 Volumes
Plan to illustrate the British squadron forcing the passage of the Dardanelles, Turkey, 1807.
Shelfmark: [Maps] MS. D30:24 (12)
Extents: 1 box
Sketch map to illustrate the French retreat from Moscow, Russia, by Major J. Blacker, Madras, early 19th century.
Shelfmark: [Maps] MS. C40:6 (90)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: early 19th century
- Indexed subjects
- Europe -- History 9
- Europe -- History, Military 9
- 19th century 7
- 20th century 7
- Great Britain -- History 6
- 18th century 5
- 16th century 2
- Correspondence 2
- France 2
- Great Britain -- Historians 2
- Lectures and lecturing 2
- 17th century 1
- Aeronautics -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- Africa -- History -- 20th century 1
- Alsace (France) 1
- Asia -- History -- 20th century 1
- Botany 1
- Communism -- History -- 20th century 1
- Cyprus 1
- Economics -- Political aspects 1
- England 1
- Europe -- History -- 20th century 1
- Evolution (Biology) -- Europe -- History 1
- Genealogy 1
- Geography 1
- Great Britain -- Armed Forces -- 20th century 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- History, Modern 1
- Israel -- History -- 1948-1967 1
- Labor unions -- Great Britain -- Congresses 1
- Letters 1
- Maps -- 19th century 1
- Middle East 1
- Ornithology 1
- Paris Peace Conference (1919-1920) 1
- Royal houses 1
- Scotland 1
- Turkey 1
- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Africa, East 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Great Britain -- London 1
- Zionism -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Alberoni | Giulio | 1664-1752 | cardinal 1
- Blacker | J | fl 1800-1840 | Major 1
- Butler | James | 1665-1745 | 2nd Duke of Ormonde | Army officer, politician and Jacobite conspirator 1
- Churchill | Winston Leonard Spencer | 1874-1965 | Sir | Knight Statesman and Historian 1
- Davis | Henry William Carless | 1874-1928 | Historian 1
- Davis | Henry William Carless | 1874-1928 | historian 1
- Finch-Hatton | Murray Edward Gordon | 1851-1898 | 12th Earl of Winchilsea, 8th Earl of Nottingham 1
- Great Britain | Army | Royal Fusiliers 1
- Great Britain | Colonial Office 1
- Great Britain. War Office 1
- Lacvivier | Louis Joseph | de | 1818-1870 | military man 1
- Lennard | Reginald Vivian | 1885-1967 | Agricultural Historian 1
- Lomellini | Benedetto | 1517-1579 | cardinal 1
- Marcaldi | Francesco | ? 15..-159. | writer 1
- Maxse | Reginald Edgar Berkeley | fl 1935 1
- Meinertzhagen | Richard | 1878-1967 | colonial administrator ornithologist 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Pas | L. A. Baudoin | du | fl. 1701-1750 | Directeur des Fortifications for Alsace (France) 1
- Powicke | Sir | Frederick Maurice | 1879-1963 | historian 1
- Romanes | Ethel | 1856–1927 | nee Duncan | writer and religious activist 1
- Romanes | George John | 1848-1894 | Scientist 1
- Ryder | Sir | Dudley | 1691-1756 | Knight | judge 1
- Smuts | Jan Christian | 1870-1950 | Statesman 1
- University of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford | Keble College 1
- de la Mare | Richard | 1901-1986 | Oxford undergraduate 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- French 5
- Italian 2
- Latin 2
- Undetermined 1