Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Autograph letter, 27th February 1900, to Sir Alfred Milner from Colonel R.G. Kekewich, commander of the garrison during the siege of Kimberley, lamenting and defending his position following criticism and noting Cecil Rhodes's opposition to him.
Shelfmark: MSS. Afr. r. 270
Extents: 4 ff.
Typescript compiled by Cyril B. Harris, entitled My association with Cecil Rhodes and stories of the siege of Kimberley, as told on 16th April 1951 by W.D. Fynn, Superintendent of Farms for De Beers for 33 years. Includes a photograph of Rhodes at the site where he was later buried (Matopo Hills, Rhodesia) and another of a portrait of Rhodes, two letters from Ernst Oppenheimer, Chairman of De Beers, 1951, a letter from Rhodes about sheep and angoras, 1899, and…
Shelfmark: MSS. Afr. s. 2301
Extents: 66 ff.
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- Kimberley (South Africa) -- History -- Siege, 1899-1900 1
- Kimberley (South Africa) -- History -- Siege, 1899-1900 -- Personal narratives, British 1
- South Africa -- History -- 1836-1909 1
- South African War, 1899-1902 -- Personal narratives -- British 1
- South African War, 1899-1902 -- Personal narratives, British 1
- Zimbabwe -- History -- 1890-1965 1
- Indexed names
- De Beers Consolidated Mines Co. 1
- Fynn | W.D. | fl 1900 | Superintendent of Farms for De Beers Consolidated Mines Co. 1