Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Papers of James, Viscount Bryce, and Bryce family papers, 1826-1958. The bulk of the papers cover Bryce's political and literary career, 1857-1922.
Extents: 56.1 Linear metres (561 physical shelfmarks)
Autobiography of Cuthbert Shields, written in five notebooks in the form of letters, 1884-6, to F.A. Clarke, Fellow of Corpus and Edwin Palmer, Archdeacon of Oxford, to explain the conduct which led to his confinement in an asylum in Fulham in 1878 and prolonged travel abroad. The discursive account of his own life is interspersed with reflections on biblical, historical and political subjects.
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 1
- Autobiography 1
- Diplomatic and consular service -- British 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government 1
- Great Britain -- History 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Religion 1
- Indexed names
- Bryce | James | 1838-1922 | 1st Viscount Bryce | British diplomat and politician 1
- Shields | Cuthbert James | 1840-1908 | historian | formerly Robert Laing 1