Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Papers, mainly exercise notebooks containing notes for lectures, of Henry William Carless Davis (1874-1928), Regius Professor of Modern History at Oxford University.
Extents: 5.0 Linear metres (50 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [1901-1922], n.d.
Correspondence and papers of the historian, Sir Frederick Maurice Powicke, mainly relating to his academic work.
Extents: 6.8 Linear metres (41 physical shelfmarks)
Letter from Sir Charles Harding Firth to Rev. A.B. Beaven, 1907.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 7065, fols. 122-123
Extents: 2 Leaves
Letters to Henry William Carless Davis, and to his widow.
Extents: 0.3 Linear metres (2 physical shelfmarks)
'Scriptorum Britannicorum Historia,' part of the original draft of bp. Tanner's Bibliotheca Britannico-Hibernica (Lond. 1748)
'Scriptorum Britannicorum Historia,' part of the original draft of bp. Tanner's Bibliotheca Britannico-Hibernica (Lond. 1748), written in about 1730-1740 by T. Tanner.
Shelfmark: MS. Tanner 470
Extents: 285 Leaves
Dates: written in about 1730-1740 by T. Tanner
- Indexed subjects: Great Britain -- Historians X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 1
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 3
- Antiquarians 1
- Europe -- History 2
- Great Britain -- History 3
- Indexed names
- Beaven | A.B. | d. 1924 | historian 1
- Davis | Henry William Carless | 1874-1928 | historian 2
- Dictionary of National Biography | Oxford 1
- Firth | Sir | Charles Harding | 1857-1936 | Knight | historian 1
- Powicke | Sir | Frederick Maurice | 1879-1963 | historian 1
- Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary 1
- English 4
- Latin 1