Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Copies of church music by Benjamin Rogers made by Philip Hayes 'many of them written from his own manuscripts' (p. v), some of them in 1755, 1777 or 1778.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.96
Extents: 204 pages
Dates: 1755, 1777 or 1778
Church music in score collected by Charles Badham, Minor Canon of St Paul's Cathedral, London, 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
Extents: 0.44 Linear metres (4 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
[Dr. Robert] Creighton's Morning and Evening Services in E flat, in score, late 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 175
Extents: 24 Leaves
Dates: late 18th cent.
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Services and anthems scored by Gilbert Heathcote, Fellow of New College (1765-1829), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 176
Extents: 94 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Anthems 6
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Communion service music 4
- Composers, English 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 5
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Indexed names
- Badham | Charles | 1780-1845 | Medical and Poetical Writer 1
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Creighton | Robert | 1636/7-1734 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 2
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1