Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Correspondence and notes of John Everett Butt, 1932-64.
Extents: 0.75 Linear metres (5 physical shelfmarks)
Collection by William Parry, Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. f. 13
Extents: 196 Leaves
Collection, copied c.1735, of satires, occasional verse and prose.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. f. 12
Extents: 168 pages
Copies of a few English poems
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. e. 18
Extents: 42 pages
Dates: Written in the second half of the 18th century
Drafts and copies of poems by Octavia Walsh, some printed in Poems upon divine and moral subjects. By Dr. Patrick . .. and other ... hands (London, 1719)
Drafts and copies of poems by Octavia Walsh, some printed in Poems upon divine and moral subjects. By Dr. Patrick . .. and other ... hands (London, 1719).
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. e. 31
Extents: 165 Leaves
English and Latin verse collected, probably at St. John's College, Oxford.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. d. 189
Extents: 186 pages
Dates: late 18th century
An epistle in verse from Robert Southey to Thomas Davis Lamb
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. c. 2
Extents: 27 Leaves
Dates: Written in 1792 by R. Southey
Letters collected by R.H. Lightfoot.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. lett. c. 453, fols. 189-211
Extents: 23 Leaves
Dates: 1793-1932 and n.d.
'Manuscript pieces by P. H[omer],' preceded by a printed copy of his Anthologia (Lond., 1789, 4°), written about A. D. 1795.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. C. 282
Extents: 70 pages
Dates: written about A. D. 1795
'A miscellany of poems', early 18th century, in three hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. e. 45
Extents: 188 Leaves
Dates: Early 18th century
Transcripts by Alan Stewart, of verse by Judith Madan.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. e. 44
Extents: 137 pages
Four volumes containing copies (some holograph) of verse and plays by John Hoadly, mid-18th cent.
Extents: 0.4 Linear metres (4 physical shelfmarks)
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 10
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 3
- Antiquarians 1
- Drama 1
- Drama -- 18th century 1
- English literature -- 18th century 1
- English poetry 6
- English poetry -- 18th century 6
- Latin poetry 2
- Letters 1
- Literature 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Oxford (England) 1
- Philosophy 1
- Poems 1
- Poets 1
- Political satire 1
- Indexed names
- Atterbury | Francis | 1662-1732 | Bishop of Rochester 1
- Bacon | Phanuel | 1700-1783 | Church of England clergyman and writer 1
- Boutflower | Cecil Henry | Right Reverend | 1863-1942 | bishop 1
- Burnett | George | 1774/5-1811 | writer 1
- Butt | John Everett | 1906-1965 | Professor of English Literature at Edinburgh 1
- Collingwood | Robin George | 1889-1943 | philosopher and historian 1
- Gladstone | William Ewart | 1809-1898 | prime minister and author 1
- Hoadly | John | 1711-1776 | poet and dramatist 1
- Homer | Philip Bracebridge | 1765-1838 | schoolmaster and poet 1
- Madan | Judith | 1702-1781 | Poet 1
- Newman | John Henry | 1801-1890 | Theologian and cardinal 1
- Oxford University | St John's College 1
- Parry | William | bap. 1687-1756 | antiquary 1
- Pope | Alexander | 1688-1744 | poet 1
- Southey | Robert | 1774-1843 | poet, journalist, and biographer 2
- Stewart | Alan | fl. 1911 1
- Walsh | Octavia | bap. 1677-1706 | poet 1