Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Part of the archive of the composer Gerlad Finzi consisting mainly of music manuscripts, [mid-18th cent.]-1992, n.d.
Extents: 8.0 Linear metres (92 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [mid-18th cent.]-1992, n.d.
The archive of the composer Robert Simpson comprising predominantly photocopies of Simpson's music manuscripts, his writings and recordings, together with printed material (concert programmes, published music and books from the composer's library). Material created by the Robert Simpson Society also forms part of this archive.
Extents: 25.0 Linear metres (117 boxes)
Dates: c.1840-2016, n.d.
Collection of material kept by the solo, ensemble and orchestral violinist Samuel Kutcher (1898-1984), comprising his personal papers, promotional material for concerts he performed in and their press reviews.
Extents: 1.7 Linear metres (11 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1908-1991, n.d.
Collection of material relating to George Butterworth, his father Alexander Kaye Butterworth and Lady Butterworth (née Ionides)
Photographs and correspondence between members of the Butterworth family and significant figures from the musical and literary world in England at the turn of the 20th century.
Extents: 0.6 Linear metres (3 shelfmarks)
Diaries, letters and other material related mainly to George Butterworth and the war he fought in. 1914-1942, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. 6242
Extents: 1 box (5 folders)
Dates: 1914-1942, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 1
- 19th century 2
- 21st century 2
- Butterworth, George Sainton Kaye, 1885-1916 -- Photographs 1
- Composers -- Diaries 1
- Composers, English -- Manuscripts 1
- Concert programs -- England 1
- Concert programs -- England -- London 1
- Concerts -- England -- 20th century 1
- Music -- 20th century -- history and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles 1
- Simpson, Robert, 1921-1997 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- Indexed names
- Butterworth | George Sainton Kaye | 1885-1916 | composer and folk song collector 2
- Butterworth | Sir | Alexander Kaye | 1854-1946 | Knight | railway manager 2
- Finzi | Gerald Raphael | 1901-1956 | composer 1
- Kutcher | Samuel | 1898-1984 | violinist 1
- Newbury String Players 1
- Simpson | Robert Wilfred Levick | 1921-1997 | composer 1
- The Kutcher String Quartet 1
- The Robert Simpson Society 1