Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Letters from Shillingford written home to his wife from Northern Nigeria, as an education officer, with related papers.
Extents: 22 boxes
Letters, memoranda, notes and pamphlets produced by the Central Africa Historical Association, with other papers, relating to service as education officer in Nigeria and Malawi, finishing as Principal of the Federal Government College in Jos.
Extents: 2 boxes
Papers relating to education in Nigeria, mainly 1950s-1960s, including official papers, articles, reports and correspondence on various mainly Nigeria-related topics.
Shelfmark: MSS. Afr. s. 2233
Extents: 1 file
Dates: 20th century
The collection contains: Diaries Letters, including correspondence between Duckworth and his family Articles and broadcasts Notebooks, containing notes, drafts, sketches, diagrams, etc., including information about the Lagos boys camp Photographs reflecting Duckworth's travels and activities; many were taken to record archaeological finds and…
Extents: 16 boxes and volumes
Journals of two Trans-Sahara journeys from Nigeria to England, 1933 and 1936, as superintendent of education in Nigeria; with related reports, itineraries, maps and printed material, and 12 albums of photographs relating to service in education in Nigeria 1914-1937.
Extents: 2 boxes, 6 volumes
Articles and lectures on schools in Nigeria, and on Nigeria in general, as a former Education Officer. Typescript.
Extents: 17 Leaves
Dates: [ca. 1973]
Correspondence, memoranda, texts of lectures, reports, photographs and press cuttings, as Agricultural Education Officer in Nigeria, 1951-1965; with typescript account of the work: Rural education for Nigerian Teachers, 1929 to 1961.
Extents: 1 box
Letters written to parents from northern Nigeria, 1938-1939 Letters and diary extracts on journey out via Egypt and then from Cyprus, as Administrative Officer and Private Secretary to the island's Governor, 1942-; letters written on service with the R.A.F., 1943-1946 Letters to father from northern Nigeria, 1946-1951 Bound volumes of transcripts of letters…
Extents: 5 boxes
Correspondence, courses, reports, handing-over notes, building specifications, plans, etc., as senior inspector of education (technical), 1953-1963.
Extents: 2 boxes
"The development of post-primary education in Northern Nigeria, 1916-1960": typescript thesis (London, 1969), with related correspondence; handing-over notes as Education Officer in Nigeria and Nyasaland (1951-1961); official correspondence and printed material relating to appointment and colonial service (1949-1960).
Extents: 1 box
- Indexed subjects
- Education -- Nigeria 6
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Nigeria 4
- Nigeria -- Officials and employees 4
- Education -- Nigeria -- History 3
- Education -- Malawi 2
- Agricultural education -- Nigeria 1
- Archaeology -- Nigeria 1
- Colonial administrators -- Africa 1
- Education -- Malawi -- Bibliography 1
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Cyprus -- Administration 1
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Nigeria -- Administration 1
- Great Britain. Colonial Office -- Biography 1
- Legends -- Northern Nigeria 1
- Manuscripts, Arabic -- Nigeria 1
- Nigeria 1
- Nigeria -- Description and travel 1
- Nigeria -- History 1
- Sahara -- Description and travel 1
- Science -- Nigeria 1
- Tin mines and mining -- Nigeria -- History 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Great Britain 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Middle East 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Zimbabwe 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Allen | A.R. | fl 1949-1994 | education officer 1
- Allen | Alfred Richard | fl 1949-1969 | colonial education officer 2
- Central Africa Historical Association 1
- Duckworth | Edward Harland | d 1972 | Inspector of Education Nigeria 1
- Great Britain | Colonial Administrative Service 1
- Herington | George Norman | b 1899 | Agricultural Education Officer Colonial Service 1
- Hibbert | Francis Dennis | 1906-1975 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Mitchell | Thomas Keith | fl 1953-1963 | senior inspector of technical education in Nigeria 1
- Mort | Eric Laidley | fl 1914-1937 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Porch | Montague Phippen | 1877-1964 | colonial administrator 1
- Shillingford | Anthony Arthur | b 1903 | Education Officer Nigeria 1
- Wright | Robert Hepburn | b 1913 | colonial officer 1