Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Letters from White to his family while on military service in Gibraltar, Iraq, India and Sierra Leone.
Extents: 760 ff.
Manuscript letters from Lieutenant Charles D'Aguilar Pope from the Easter Cape during the last Frontier War of 1877 / 1878 and one from Camp Greytown, Natal prior to the outbreak of war in Zululand. The letters are illustrated with miniature pen sketches. Included are typescript transcripts of each letter.
Extents: 4 items
Diaries relating to service as Medical Officer in Fiji (ca. 1920-1942), with earlier and later diaries (1902-1963), and correspondence between Evans and his fiancee, later his wife (Phyllis Wheeler), before and during military service in the First World War.
Extents: 16 boxes
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 2
- Fiji -- Officials and employees 1
- Gibraltar 1
- India 1
- Iraq 1
- Letters 1
- Medical personnel 1
- Sierra Leone 1
- South Africa -- History -- Frontier Wars, 1811-1878 1
- Indexed names
- Evans | Humphrey Silvester | fl 1902-1963 | Medical Officer in Fiji 1
- Great Britain | Colonies 1
- Pope | Charles D'Aguilar | 1849-1879 | Lieutenant 24th Regiment 1
- White | Peter Francis | b 1899 | Lieutenant Colonel 1